Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...start making the dry clutch noise in your head when you pull up to a stop light in your daily beater car. I find myself everytime, getting to a red light, pushing the clutch pedal in and making the clacking sound in my head. Do I have issues? Do I need to see a shrink? Or is this a common side effect of owning a Ducati?

·
Come in Spinner :)
8,742 Posts
Sounds like somethings rattling around loose in there.

Over here we call it having kangaroos loose in the top paddock ;)

·
Registered
426 Posts
Nope, my daily driver/hauler/tow vehicle is a 2003 Focus SVT, the Spec Stage 2 clutch and light weight flywheel gives a LOT of chatter. I never mind it cause it reminds me of my Duc(s), but I occasionally get the exact same "hey I think your clutch is broke!" comments. :p

I say "Duc(s)" cause my 2005 SS1000ds was stolen last month :( I'm picking up my new 848 Corse soon (waiting on an ECU reflash to account for the Arata full Ti exhaust system :D). I think it's going to take some getting used to no clutch song at traffic lights! At least I still have my 02 748 S that'll be getting a speedymoto clutch treatment soon, so I won't be totally without a dry clutch :p

·
The days are getting longer!
8,278 Posts
No, but I do sneak out to the garage occasionally in the winter, sit on my bike and make vroom vroom vroooom sounds. :eek:

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the reassurance guys, I know now I'm not alone. All joking aside though, I do actually do this on a regular basis and think my clutch is broken because it wont make any noise lol.

Nope, my daily driver/hauler/tow vehicle is a 2003 Focus SVT, the Spec Stage 2 clutch and light weight flywheel gives a LOT of chatter. I never mind it cause it reminds me of my Duc(s), but I occasionally get the exact same "hey I think your clutch is broke!" comments. :p
I had a 02' WRX with 300AWHP, stage 3- 6 puck clutch, chattered like a mofo. I guess I was used to the sound before I knew it. Great car, I miss it a lot!

·
Premium Member
293 Posts
wait.....you drive a car ?? oh

Sent from my iPad using magic apparently

·
Señor Member
8,469 Posts
I drive a diesel pickup, makes it's own kind of rattle. My old truck was even worse, the new one not so much.

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I believe it's called disharmonic recapitulation. You need another Ducati to cancel out the effects
1098R possibly?

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
7,733 Posts
No dry clutch rattle to imagine hearing, but there have been times in the dead of winter when I've *blipped the streering wheel* with my right hand, setting up a corner driving my POS car, and imagined the sounds of the revs/engine braking because I get soooooo phucking bored with winter driving/weather. :)

·
Premium Member
949 Posts
Dakka Dakka Dakka Dakka Dakka......... I'm glad somebody else hears it too.

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
No dry clutch rattle to imagine hearing, but there have been times in the dead of winter when I've *blipped the streering wheel* with my right hand, setting up a corner driving my POS car, and imagined the sounds of the revs/engine braking because I get soooooo phucking bored with winter driving/weather. :)
I've definitely done both of those. Especially drifting corners in my AWD impreza. Fun times. And I also let off the throttle in the city to hear the rumble from the boxer motor. Definitely not like the duc but makes me feel at home :)

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Dakka Dakka Dakka Dakka Dakka......... I'm glad somebody else hears it too.
At first I just thought there was a guy following me using a jack hammer... And I was wrong...

1 - 20 of 41 Posts