Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

Do you ever...

4996 Views 40 Replies 27 Participants Last post by  drumcycle007
...start making the dry clutch noise in your head when you pull up to a stop light in your daily beater car. I find myself everytime, getting to a red light, pushing the clutch pedal in and making the clacking sound in my head. Do I have issues? Do I need to see a shrink? Or is this a common side effect of owning a Ducati?
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

· Registered
412 Posts
Nope, my daily driver/hauler/tow vehicle is a 2003 Focus SVT, the Spec Stage 2 clutch and light weight flywheel gives a LOT of chatter. I never mind it cause it reminds me of my Duc(s), but I occasionally get the exact same "hey I think your clutch is broke!" comments. :p

I say "Duc(s)" cause my 2005 SS1000ds was stolen last month :( I'm picking up my new 848 Corse soon (waiting on an ECU reflash to account for the Arata full Ti exhaust system :D). I think it's going to take some getting used to no clutch song at traffic lights! At least I still have my 02 748 S that'll be getting a speedymoto clutch treatment soon, so I won't be totally without a dry clutch :p

· Premium Member
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the reassurance guys, I know now I'm not alone. All joking aside though, I do actually do this on a regular basis and think my clutch is broken because it wont make any noise lol.

Nope, my daily driver/hauler/tow vehicle is a 2003 Focus SVT, the Spec Stage 2 clutch and light weight flywheel gives a LOT of chatter. I never mind it cause it reminds me of my Duc(s), but I occasionally get the exact same "hey I think your clutch is broke!" comments. :p
I had a 02' WRX with 300AWHP, stage 3- 6 puck clutch, chattered like a mofo. I guess I was used to the sound before I knew it. Great car, I miss it a lot!

· Señor Member
8,933 Posts
I drive a diesel pickup, makes it's own kind of rattle. My old truck was even worse, the new one not so much.

7,721 Posts
No dry clutch rattle to imagine hearing, but there have been times in the dead of winter when I've *blipped the streering wheel* with my right hand, setting up a corner driving my POS car, and imagined the sounds of the revs/engine braking because I get soooooo phucking bored with winter driving/weather. :)

· Premium Member
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
No dry clutch rattle to imagine hearing, but there have been times in the dead of winter when I've *blipped the streering wheel* with my right hand, setting up a corner driving my POS car, and imagined the sounds of the revs/engine braking because I get soooooo phucking bored with winter driving/weather. :)
I've definitely done both of those. Especially drifting corners in my AWD impreza. Fun times. And I also let off the throttle in the city to hear the rumble from the boxer motor. Definitely not like the duc but makes me feel at home :)

· Premium Member
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Dakka Dakka Dakka Dakka Dakka......... I'm glad somebody else hears it too.
At first I just thought there was a guy following me using a jack hammer... And I was wrong...

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.