Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there guys. I am in the process of cleaning some 999s parts on the rear wheel and was wondering if I need to grease these pegs on the sprocket carrier? When I took the parts off they had some grease on them but I was not sure if that was from the leaking slave cylinder or not. If I DO need to grease the pegs, what type of grease should I use?

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
I use axle grease and LIGHTLY put a thin film on each peg, makes them slide into the cush drive rubbers a bit easier. Additionally, I spray a little silicone on the rubber part of the cush drive donuts every time I pull the wheel to mount a new tire.
Chris

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Chris. Thats what it looked like to me when I took the wheel off. I have some silicone grease that I can use on the cush rubbers.

B

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
silicone spray on the rubber would be better, you don't want a lot of grease in there as it would attract dirt and such. The pins just a very thin coating of grease and you're good to go.

Chris

Thanks Chris. Thats what it looked like to me when I took the wheel off. I have some silicone grease that I can use on the cush rubbers.

B

1 - 5 of 5 Posts