Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm over here in Japan and have been browsing the local dealerships for something that tickles my fancy (yesterday it was the Monster 1100, today it's the Hypermotard, tomorrow it's...)

I had my wife (Japanese) call a dealership and inquire about a demo bike they have. They mentioned the warranty ends June of 2010. What a second! how can a warranty be ticking by when noone has purchased the bike? When asked, their answer was a 'just because'.

So help me out. I thought it was common knowledge the warranty starts the day of purchase. Why should I be out a year's warranty if I were to purchase it?

Thoughts? I'm curious if Ducati sets the rules on this or they're just letting someone else pay for their demo's warranty fixes.

Dana

·
Registered
170 Posts
I was going to lease a mercedes once and the same deal with the warranty your questioning was also going on with the car. I asked why and in this case what had happened was the dealer had purchased the car from mecedes themselves. I think it was a issue regarding having to sell so many a month for mercedes. I really didn't care why they bought it. But since they did, the warranty started the day it was no longer mercedes. And this was a brand new car not a demo.

I did by a demo s4 once and the warranty didn't start until it was sold and registered. Go figure.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We just called again, and they said the warranty started because it had to be registered (get a license plate and made legal).

I wonder if I can get them to throw in the Ever Red extended warranty considering I'll lose out on a year...

Dana

·
Registered
154 Posts
In the US, demo bikes use a dealer plate and are not registered with the DMV until they are purchased. Therefore, warranty begins on the day the buyer purchases it, full 2 years just like new.

Kathy Jo
Bend Euro Moto

1 - 5 of 5 Posts