Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone here actually work for Ducati or Ducati North America? Not a dealer but perhaps the corporate office level or a field office?

If so, how do you like the job? How is the company to work for? you don't have to give specifics about your job title just general stuff.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I applied for a job with DNA a few months ago but didn't get it (didn't really think I would but it was worth a shot). I've talked to a lot of people that have worked for DNA and heard a lot of horror stories. I know they fired most of their service reps all at once like 6 months ago. Heard its not quite as friendly an environment as it would seem but again, this is all stuff I've heard from people that worked there, not my own personal experience.

I'd still have liked to give it a shot but at the same time cost of living in Cupertino is a LOT higher than what I'm used to

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, that helps.

I saw the corporate office is in Cupertino, I imagine it is like any other corporation.

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
Have had friends that worked there and it damn near took away whatever enthusiasm they had. Long hours, HORRIBLE pay, high cost of living....a job that only a fool would take.

I can't think of anything positive that I have heard of it.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well after posting this thread I imagined that anyone that currently working there wouldn't want to expose themselves here for a number of reasons.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Have had friends that worked there and it damn near took away whatever enthusiasm they had. Long hours, HORRIBLE pay, high cost of living....a job that only a fool would take.

Sounds like my current job...at least there I could wear a Ducati shirt and get 30% off a 1198s.

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
Ex-employee's rarely have anything good to say about their former jobs.
Rarely ? Really now ! That sounds like peeps who make lousy choices in jobs. Jobs are kind of like women that way, but I digress...

For the most part I have never had to say that about a job. ( Knock on wood !)

Grumblings are best judged by their source, and when the sources are extremely skilled technicians or front office people known for their ability and attitude I take it with much, much less than a grain of salt.

·
Registered
210 Posts
You know that old saying, "Never meet your idols?"

Well, for the most part, this probably applies to DNA as well...

·
wishes it was summer
697 Posts

+1. An acquaintance I know from school works for Ducati in Cupertino and when I asked him how he likes working for the company he pretty much had that same response. Only good thing he had to say was that the discount is great.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
+1. An acquaintance I know from school works for Ducati in Cupertino and when I asked him how he likes working for the company he pretty much had that same response. Only good thing he had to say was that the discount is great.
Do you know what kind of work he does? Janitor/Field Grunt or Professional Mgt level. Could make a difference-grain of salt thing.

·
Resident Raggamuffin
9,712 Posts
the person we know there is hardly the fool, a great guy, and who seems to like his position there (up to now). very much respected as well, i might add.

trivial, but the truth.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
oalvarez, you have had another case of the disappearing 999r?

Whats next?

·
Resident Raggamuffin
9,712 Posts
Hiyas, Mark, will send you a pm.

·
Premium Member
691 Posts
I have a friend that works for them. He likes the fact they gave him a Street Fighter to ride. Pretty good benefit to me!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts