Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
now i've heard everything... doesn't seem right that Laguna isn't on the schedule... not right at all...

·
Registered
290 Posts
Thats fucked.

·
Banned
1,152 Posts
It's more DMG wants too much money for bringing just one class. They are still working on it so it's not a done deal yet.

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's more DMG wants too much money for bringing just one class. They are still working on it so it's not a done deal yet.
in the past, there were two ama events on different dates @ laguna ... a full ama ticket and the support class @ motogp.

dmg also dumped salt lake ... i saw that one coming last year, as dmg was not invited to wsbk race @ miller.

seems the turd is circling the bowl as it gets flushed down.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
in the past, there were two ama events on different dates @ laguna ... a full ama ticket and the support class @ motogp.

dmg also dumped salt lake ... i saw that one coming last year, as dmg was not invited to wsbk race @ miller.

seems the turd is circling the bowl as it gets flushed down.
dmg didn't dump salt lake, they wanted alot of cash for half of the show and the same for laguna.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Wonder if they are gonna sell those Buell pace bikes.

Maybe they are coming back to Loudon.

And maybe Mladin will come by and cry about some saftey issues.

I'll ask Del what's up this weekend.

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
dmg didn't dump salt lake, they wanted alot of cash for half of the show and the same for laguna.
same difference ... dmg has alienated management of miller and laguna with their demands.

really a pity, as ama road racing before dmg was actually worth watching.

so, a turd is still a turd, circling the toilet bowl as it gets flushed.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
yeah, there wasn't ANY close racing this year...
same difference ... dmg has alienated management of miller and laguna with their demands.

really a pity, as ama road racing before dmg was actually worth watching.

so, a turd is still a turd, circling the toilet bowl as it gets flushed.

·
Banned
1,152 Posts
The racing in DSB wasn't really that much closer as for ASB, yeah, take Ben out and Mladin being tired of it and you have closer racing. But the same guys were racing each other before...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Wonder if they are gonna sell those Buell pace bikes.

Maybe they are coming back to Loudon.

And maybe Mladin will come by and cry about some saftey issues.

I'll ask Del what's up this weekend.
lol no way are they coming back...that place is to dangerous at there speeds

·
Registered
671 Posts
Good riddance

Glad to see DMG is not there embarassing the USA at a MotoGP round.
The CIV in Italy, or CEV in Spain does not run with MotoGP and neither should AMA.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I just dont see how they can afford to cut out big ticket names like Laguna? I do understand such venues are expensive but surely but surely the gain is more than the loss right?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Well, DMG clearly doesn't have the financial resources they thought they'd have when they first took over - Anyone see the purses they're proposing now? They're rediculously low for a professional race series.

I suspect their mismanagement has impacted the series revenue in many ways - Tracks, race organizers, and Manufacturers have all been alienated.

I'd give them about 1 more season. My guess is they'll kill off Superbike first (the purse split indicates they're de-prioritizing it), and then try to milk the Sportbike class for as long as they can.

Pity

·
Registered
630 Posts
I suspect their mismanagement has impacted the series revenue in many ways - Tracks, race organizers, and Manufacturers have all been alienated.

I'd give them about 1 more season. My guess is they'll kill off Superbike first (the purse split indicates they're de-prioritizing it), and then try to milk the Sportbike class for as long as they can.

Pity
I think they've wanted to kill the Superbikes from the beginning. I'd be surprised if they run a complete season this year. I don't think people are going to turn out en mass to watch the Buell race the 600's.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts