Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, it's the first mod I have done to the bike apart from the screen and figured I'd do something new. Like make it plainly obvious to one and all on how to do it, so there were no shinanigans or accidents etc.

First you'll need the following items.

1) Your choice of sexyness aka Ducati Diavel

2) One sexy piece of carbon fiber.

3) Either set of Allen keys (T bars or metric set) as we call them in Aussieland and either a sharp blade or pair of scissors.

4) Now locate the two 4mm socket screws on the leftside as below and remove.

5) Do the same for the middle one pictured below. You'll need the set of keys pictured above in red as the T bars wont fit in there. It's a little fiddly.

6) Finally remove the last screw down under the exhaust and place all 4 screws somewhere safe.

7) Now the old hugger should slide nicely out of its spot. Like chalk and cheese next to each other huh.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
8) Now just get a small brush or compressed air or whatever you like and get rid of any dirt etc that maybe sitting along the line where the hugger will sit up against. You don't want to tighten the screws and crack something because of a small pebble or something you missed.

9) Now with your scissors or sharp edge, detach your new washers from the new carbon hugger. These should be supplied with it from Ducati.

10) Place one on each of the screws you removed earlier.

11) now it's a matter of sliding the new hugger into place, lining up the holes and replacing the screws back where they came from. Just fit the screws loosely at first until they are all threaded into place. Then tighten them all up CAREFULLY!!! You don't want to over tighten them and crack your new hugger. It is a bit of a shame that an OEM part from DUCATI doesn't fit nicer along the lines of the bike just above the cables etc. Still looks mint though.

12) Sit back and admire the addition of more sexiness to your beautiful machine.

The hardest bit was getting the screw back into the middle spot. Not much room in there for hands but persist you will.
If this helps one person on the forum, my job is done.
I'll do the same for when I install the carbon fuel cap surround also so stay tuned.
Thanks guys and girls.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Excellent post thanks for the detailed step by step with photos.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts