Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Thanks for taking the time to put this together, and for putting the YouTube vid up. All very helpful! :cool:

-SM
+1. Much appreciated.

My LV has been sitting on the wrong side of the border for almost a month now. I will likely take it to my prefered dealer and get dyno runs on both pipes and a PCV. Looking forward to seeing how numbers compare.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Thanks. I think that's a bit deeper and quiter than the MIVV without the BR baffle. I'll have to pull up some other sound clips but this is just what I was looking for. Sweet!
I think that extra can (at the end) that they have on LV adds the deep sound...

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
Sorry to bring this afloat again but I have a question about the LV midpipe, what is the pipe toward the end supposed to be? A muffler, a resonator or what? I figure if you were to use a real slip on that would be useless?

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
The bulge at the end is more of a resonator I would say. You can't take it off so not sure what you meant by the last part. It will fit any slip on that fits OEM exhaust pipe diameter.

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
The bulge at the end is more of a resonator I would say. You can't take it off so not sure what you meant by the last part. It will fit any slip on that fits OEM exhaust pipe diameter.
I was wondering just because the Arrow and Mivv don't have it and it's pretty ugly if left uncovered so I figure if you were to use a slip on that worked, not like the Termi but like the Arrow or Akra that resonator would be as useful as tits on a bull.
That's just me thinking, what would I know!:D

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Ah, I see. Yeah you would definitely want to get an exhaust that comes with some sort of side cover that hides that area. I never thought about it since I don't plan on ditching the stock muffler.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Centre stand

Hi turkishexpress

Just wondering.... Can you fit the centre stand after the mid pipe upgrade?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I got 2014 multi
I started doing install of LV but cant get the pipe to fit
spoke with LV they don't really know how is that possible
however I know this now
original female pipe is 5.50 cm LV is 5.40
I am thinking about stretching LV to 5.5 in muffler shop
any one else had same problem? other solutions?
I tried heating the female pipe but I can only get it on 3/8-to 1/2

·
Registered
185 Posts
Hi, I just did the LV this winter. Not sure which end you are referring to but my front down pipe was a bitch! I had to take it off the bike a clamp it in a vise. I used pieces of a heavy throw rug for protection. Clean up all the ends with Emery cloth and apply some Vaseline but you have to be dead nuts straight. If you cock it the least bit it will stop cold. You have to hold the LV perfect and talk nice to it. The rear was tight but not like front. Happy trails

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi there,
This is an old post but I hope someone could give a piece of advice to me. What if I was changing the mid pipes (decat) and the end with an akra. Install k&n filter too. If i leave the o2 sensors on would the bike be running well? By the way its a 2013 model. Anyone please? I allready had installed the above and a bazzaz module (f182) and autotune (cost a fortune) . the current fuel map runs ok but when I am cruising in constant speed it starts to slow down (like it has too much fuel or air - distorted AFR I guess). I contact bazzaz and later on they through in the market a revised model f185 lefting me speechless. I am up to take out this worthless for me module that's why I am seeking for alternatives

·
Registered
131 Posts
This is long overdue but I just wanted to say thanks for this walkthrough. I followed it nearly word for word installing my SC Project cat delete and pipe. Getting the OEM boat anchor out was probably the most difficult part of the whole procedure.

Xanthos - My experience getting the bike to run properly after was a bit interesting (2011 Multistrada S). Just as an FYI, I did all of this work myself except the dyno. I bought a Ducati Performance ECU and BMC air filter at the same time as my SC Project hoping that the three would run in harmony together. This didn't happen. It ran really rough, backfired quite a bit, and just didn't feel as powerful as it should. At first I thought maybe it was an air leak, so I bought some copper gasket stuff (can't remember the name) and had plans to pull the exhaust apart and seal everything up but that never happened. While I was waiting to do that work I was also looking for a bazzaz and happened to find one used on ebay at a really nice discount. I installed the bazzaz, and whatever map was left on it from the previous owner made things substantially worse. The bike was practically unridable. There's a local dyno shop near me with an outstanding reputation so I decided to give them a call. They were a little reluctant to work on my bike saying they typically didn't have much luck with Multistradas. After a bit of convincing he took the challenge and so I brought it to him. There was an exorcism, a little bit of voodoo and some witchcraft, and then the bike was running like a beast. I gained 6 (I think) horsepower, went up in torque too, and it runs and sounds great.

TLDR: this thread helped me install my own exhaust, ecu, air filter, bazazz. It ran like shit after. Took it to a dyno shop and now it runs great.

Hi there,
This is an old post but I hope someone could give a piece of advice to me. What if I was changing the mid pipes (decat) and the end with an akra. Install k&n filter too. If i leave the o2 sensors on would the bike be running well? By the way its a 2013 model. Anyone please? I allready had installed the above and a bazzaz module (f182) and autotune (cost a fortune) . the current fuel map runs ok but when I am cruising in constant speed it starts to slow down (like it has too much fuel or air - distorted AFR I guess). I contact bazzaz and later on they through in the market a revised model f185 lefting me speechless. I am up to take out this worthless for me module that's why I am seeking for alternatives

·
Registered
107 Posts
This guide was handy, just installed a Danmoto mid-pipe and the instructions here made it much easier. Unfortunately I twisted off all 3 front header studs, even after soaking for a while in penetrant, should have heated them too I guess. Lots of clearance underneath now, exhaust flapper servo is removed with dongle plugged in. I will have to fabricate some kind of support for the outlet and muffler since the only thing this mid-pipe fastens to is the header pipes. Going to try using the stock "muffler" thing but looks like I will have to go with an aftermarket slip-on.

Fortunately there is a quarter inch or so of the studs protruding from the heads so hopefully can get them broke loose.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts