Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have this happen? Since I installed my SC Project exhaust several months ago, I had just tucked up the cable to the exhaust valve out of the way and left the exhaust valve actuator installed. Me being me I wanted to eliminate the actuator, so I obtained a little bypass plug and yesterday I removed the actuator and installed the plug. Problem is, when I power up the bike the display is metric. Here's what I have tried: I have disconnected the battery in what I assume is a "reboot" of the ECU, I have re plugged the actuator, both before and after the reboots, have tried to change the unit of measurement as the owners manual instructs, holding down the flash and reset buttons (doing this only kicks me into the riding mode change menu, single, with luggage, two up, two up with luggage), so that doesn't seem to be correct either. Anybody have any experience with this?

·
Sophomore Member
2,687 Posts
From the sounds of it, I'm guessing you have a 2010-2014 Multistrada. Any time you disconnect the battery, it will default back to metric. To change between the two, with the bike off, hold down the high beam flash and turn signal cancel while powering up the bike. This should display "units" which will let you switch everything.

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
From the sounds of it, I'm guessing you have a 2010-2014 Multistrada. Any time you disconnect the battery, it will default back to metric. To change between the two, with the bike off, hold down the high beam flash and turn signal cancel while powering up the bike. This should display "units" which will let you switch everything.
That was the solution, thanks! I now remember that I needed to do that when I installed the battery last December, but for some reason I was now thinking that the bike would power up in the US default Then I misread the instructions and tried practically everything but the correct sequence.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts