Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought the Speed Angels display protector. I had a similar product on my 2014 MS and was very happy with it. Those displays were known to scratch easily. I let everyone know how it works out.

·
Registered
42 Posts
One of the first additions to my V4S. You put them on your phone, Ipad, tablet, why not the bike? Very easy to do. I got the Speed Angels as well. I got the screen protector as well as a Iconic Rear Luggage Rack from England.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Got the Speed Angels display protector in the mail from England. :Nicely packaged, instructions were in excellent English, quelle suprise, Did the alcohol clean of the screen, rehearsed the protector placement as per instructions. Pealed back one side of the cover plastic and applied the protector. Pulled the tab for the remaining top protector and the tab shredded. Eventually fingernailed the sheet away and got started on the few bubbles remaining under the protective layer. Got six out of eight removed before the screen hardened up. The few remaining are small and I don't think they will pose any problem. I'll update after I have some time riding in the sun.

·
Registered
2019 1260S Volcano Grey
791 Posts
I have been using Speedo Angels screen protectors for a long time. I used the thin ones until they came out with the hard ones. I've never been able to get a perfect fit with no bubbles at all. The edges on one side or the other always seem to overlap the black plastic housing and thus produce bubbles. That said, they perfectly protect the stupidly easy to scratch OEM screens. Why can't moto manufacturers make scratch resistant screens? Stupid question, right?

·
Hammer Down
2020 Multistrada 1260 S Touring
1,828 Posts
Agreed on using Speedo Angels. Although, the screen on my 2019 GS had no protection and no scratches.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I have been using Speedo Angels screen protectors for a long time. I used the thin ones until they came out with the hard ones. I've never been able to get a perfect fit with no bubbles at all. The edges on one side or the other always seem to overlap the black plastic housing and thus produce bubbles. That said, they perfectly protect the stupidly easy to scratch OEM screens. Why can't moto manufacturers make scratch resistant screens? Stupid question, right?
Is the V4S screen gorilla glass? I would presume no since it's not touchscreen but it looks too good / too clear to be plastic, esp. with the lack of glare. I just ordered a Speedo Angels protector for mine on the recommendation of you kind folks here.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So far I'm happy with my Speedo. Yes, a couple of small bubbles but then it was a bubble head who did the install. I have a 2016 KTM with a few tiny scratches accumulated over 10,000 miles and two owners. Haven't even thought about a Speedo for it. I just hit it with Muc-Off, water and a towel. It's not even a dirt bike. Almost $30K makes me paranoid about the Duc. If I treated my car this well.......

1 - 7 of 7 Posts