Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Posted this over on Hyper so hope I'm not breaking any rules by posting here as well but may get some more insight as may not be hyper-specific

Have a 2008 Hyper 1100S and the dash works fine w/ key on and engine off, but when engine comes on, parts of the display go away. I'm getting an OEM replacement dash but a bit worried it won't solve the problem given the dash works w/ just key on and the display improves as the revs increase (as you can see in video below).

Anyone seen this before / have any thoughts as to what it could be other than the actual display / dash itself? (ps, tried new battery / left existing battery on charger / checked ground wire and did not solve problem)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Posted this over on Hyper so hope I'm not breaking any rules by posting here as well but may get some more insight as may not be hyper-specific

Have a 2008 Hyper 1100S and the dash works fine w/ key on and engine off, but when engine comes on, parts of the display go away. I'm getting an OEM replacement dash but a bit worried it won't solve the problem given the dash works w/ just key on and the display improves as the revs increase (as you can see in video below).

Anyone seen this before / have any thoughts as to what it could be other than the actual display / dash itself? (ps, tried new battery / left existing battery on charger / checked ground wire and did not solve problem)

Have you verified the rectifier is operational? Appears to be displaying the same systems if a failing one. but you are masking it per say with a brand new battery.
Verify that you are getting 14.2VDC @ 3000RPMS ( I believe ). If it is not producing that, then you know you it's bad. If it is producing that. Then it could be the dash, or loose connection at your dash.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks, what's the best way to check that? Imagine you need a multimeter?

Edit, found a few videos similar to the below, going to give it a try tonight.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Confirmed Rectifier / Regulator is in good working order. Just waiting on the new dash now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts