Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tongiht: Discovery Science Channel: Speed on Two Wheels

Did anyone catch the show? This had to be one of the finest TV show on sportbikes I've ever seen. Lots of facts, lots of science, awesome content and footage.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Don't have discovery science...but I hope they show this show on the discovery channel as well in the future. Sounds like I missed out on a great show.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Here are the times. The time are EST......

APR 19 2006
@ 10:00 PM

APR 20 2006
@ 01:00 AM

APR 20 2006
@ 05:00 AM

APR 20 2006
@ 11:00 AM

APR 20 2006
@ 03:00 PM

APR 23 2006
@ 03:00 PM

MAY 27 2006
@ 08:00 PM

MAY 27 2006
@ 11:00 PM

MAY 28 2006
@ 03:00 AM

MAY 28 2006
@ 10:00 AM

·
Registered
153 Posts
How do you guys that? Satellite?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Its on all of them, Cable, Satellite, etc. I get it on Dish Network channel 193 (West Sacramento, CA).

J

·
0 Posts
It's on Direct TV @ SCI (science) channel. Don't remember the number. It was worth watching. Too bad they couldn't have had Nicky there but it was AMA stuff. Ducati got some good airtime too.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Man I've got digital cable too, now I'm pissed. That's all I watch is Discovery Channel (not Discovery Science, don't have it), National Geographic, History Channel, the news, Jon Stewart and Colbert, and Motorcycle racing on Speed... I've got the combo digital cable and cable internet thing.

Oh well, I'm not trying to hijack the thread I'd rather hear about what was on the show.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Matt748 said:
Man I've got digital cable too, now I'm pissed. That's all I watch is Discovery Channel (not Discovery Science, don't have it), National Geographic, History Channel, the news, Jon Stewart and Colbert, and Motorcycle racing on Speed... I've got the combo digital cable and cable internet thing.

Oh well, I'm not trying to hijack the thread I'd rather hear about what was on the show.
check again... you actually might have it. My digital tv provider has them listed as "The Science Channel" on the guide.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey guys, I'm with the Production Company that produced Speed on Two Wheels. We're really excited that so many people enjoyed the show. Everyone in our office is an avid rider with tremendous passion for sportbikes.

I just wanted to stop by to say thanks for watching and to mention that it's not often in the TV world that viewers can get a chance to have their opinions heard. The Science Channel has it's own message board forum and they take viewer comments very seriously.

http://community.discovery.com/groupee/forums/a/tpc/f/5371991318/m/7271977528

It only takes 30 seconds to sign up and you can select not receive any spam. I'd encourage anyone who enjoyed the program and would like to see more shows like it to drop them a line with your thoughts.

·
Registered
403 Posts
SpeedOn2Wheels said:
Hey guys, I'm with the Production Company that produced Speed on Two Wheels.
AWESOME! Glad to have you around here. I have to say that I thought it was one of the best programs (content and production) I have ever seen to explain both the appeal and the how-it-works of performance motorcycles. I Tivo'd it, watched it once and marked it as "save until I delete" as I plan on enjoying it multiple times. I told my wife that it is mandatory viewing for her since it really explains a lot of what she hears me talking about. Really, I think it is a great crash course (pun - groan) for anyone who wants a better understanding or appreciation of motorcycle racing. Especially for the guy who has seen a handful of races and wonders how they do that. Only thing I might have added is a little explanation of how pro motorcycle racers get to where they are. Doesn't quite fit the science aspect, but when discussing the ins and outs of an exotic career, it would be nice to learn a little about how one would pursue such a thing. Then again, being involved in club level racing, perhaps that's just my selfish perspective jading things.

Great job!

J

·
0 Posts
I'll second the welcome SpeedOn2Wheels and follow up with the suggestion for the Discovery forum. It's refreshing to see something about bikes from people who know them
and can convey it in a well produced fashion to the public. We need more motorcycle education/awareness in this country, something besides the cartoon bike chopper posing scene. That extreme minority of bikes get most of the media attention.

It would be nice to see motorcycle racing move up the media latter a bit, it never gets mentioned in mainstream US news but is quite popular in Europe.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey guys, thanks for the continued kind words.

If you enjoyed this sort of motorcycle programming, I'd strongly encourage you to let The Science Channel folks know how you feel on their message board.

The show will be put out on DVD in the coming months - but right now we're probably 2-3 months away. I can tell you that the DVD version will be significantly longer and included several extra segments/topics that didn't make in into the 'long' version.

If you want to catch it before then The Science Channel is the place to check it out... I believe they're re-running it one more time this month and then four or five times in May.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
SpeedOn2Wheels said:
Hey guys, thanks for the continued kind words.

If you enjoyed this sort of motorcycle programming, I'd strongly encourage you to let The Science Channel folks know how you feel on their message board.

The show will be put out on DVD in the coming months - but right now we're probably 2-3 months away. I can tell you that the DVD version will be significantly longer and included several extra segments/topics that didn't make in into the 'long' version.
I am really looking forward to the "long version" on DVD... in the meantime, I put in a few words on the feedback forum.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts