Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is an idiotic question, but I've got a trackday coming up and I got absolutely no time to mess around and learn how to disconnect the thing from the power supply. Has anyone done this before? Where do I pull the plug?

HELP!!!!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Remove lights fuse

Easiest is to remove fuse for all the lights, located in rhs fairing fuse "box". Its the 15A fuse which is in the second position counting from the rear.

It is also very easy to remove the whole front fairing and the headlight, replace it with a MX number plate, see pic.

Attachments

·
Registered
865 Posts
right behind the the right hand fork leg in between the top and bottom triple clamp is a plug that goes into the front light assembly ... you have to pull off the "U" shaped wire piece that holds the plug together... then the plug will slide away from the assembly... super easy. Just use some pliar and pull out that retainer clip...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Easiest is to remove fuse for all the lights, located in rhs fairing fuse "box". Its the 15A fuse which is in the second position counting from the rear.

It is also very easy to remove the whole front fairing and the headlight, replace it with a MX number plate, see pic.
Great advice. I wanted to remove the whole assembly but could not find an allen key that would fit between the speedo, triple tree and the handlebar mounts. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
right behind the the right hand fork leg in between the top and bottom triple clamp is a plug that goes into the front light assembly ... you have to pull off the "U" shaped wire piece that holds the plug together... then the plug will slide away from the assembly... super easy. Just use some pliar and pull out that retainer clip...
Thanks I will look for the clip. Is the clip white in color going around the black plug?

·
Premium Member
12,280 Posts
Great advice. I wanted to remove the whole assembly but could not find an allen key that would fit between the speedo, triple tree and the handlebar mounts. Any suggestions?
4mm allen wrench ,You are talking about not being able to get it to seat into the head of the bolt /screw right? Try a different approach with the short end of the wrench might have to be between the handle bar posts or left side or right side. its a tight fit but it will work.I think I know what you mean, hope this helps

·
Registered
605 Posts
A good ball Allen works fine, I've used it twice to move the beak and replace bulbs.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
I just put my whole front end back together with t-handled allens, no problem.

·
Registered
592 Posts
to get at the bolts in those small spaces (top triple) take the correct size allen key and chop the short end down with a dremel to make a stubby one. even the duc guy at the track who did my head bearings wanted one.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts