Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been going throught the ecutune thread and after doing some research I've bought the necessary cables and have set up ecutune on a spare phone. So far so good.

One question I cant seem to find a definitive anwser to is after loading a custom map onto my ecu, will this prevent a code from popping up if I manually disconnect the exhaust valve? I dont see an option in ecutune to disable it, but could it be coded into the custom maps?

Failing this is there another software that will disable the valve like ducatidiag?

·
Registered
101 Posts
I've been going throught the ecutune thread and after doing some research I've bought the necessary cables and have set up ecutune on a spare phone. So far so good.

One question I cant seem to find a definitive anwser to is after loading a custom map onto my ecu, will this prevent a code from popping up if I manually disconnect the exhaust valve? I dont see an option in ecutune to disable it, but could it be coded into the custom maps?

Failing this is there another software that will disable the valve like ducatidiag?
If you load one of the DP maps, you'll be fine. If you're not sure, you can just unplug the motor and try it out. It won't hurt anything. The default position for the valve is open.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you load one of the DP maps, you'll be fine. If you're not sure, you can just unplug the motor and try it out. It won't hurt anything. The default position for the valve is open.
So really there is no need for the duc.ee servo removal?

Thats what I figured, as long as the map is coded to prevent the error code due to servo malfunction from being thrown, I can just disconnect the servo.

And to think I was quoted 370 pounds for remapping the ecu at a nearby tuner. :rolleyes:

When you say disconnect the servo, do you mean pull the power connector or physically disconnect the metal cables?

·
Registered
798 Posts
Why not both? It's a little bit of unnecessary weight and the room it takes up could be used for other things. The flapper valve itself is spring loaded to be fully open as a default position.

·
Registered
101 Posts
So really there is no need for the duc.ee servo removal?

When you say disconnect the servo, do you mean pull the power connector or physically disconnect the metal cables?
Yes, I flashed the DP slip on map for the termis onto my stock ECU and completely removed everything related to the servo. The motor itself, wires, cable, everything. I don't really know much about ecutune. I used JPDiag, but they should both just be a route to flash the ECU with the same maps. The duc.ee is only necessary if you're still running the stock map on the stock ECU. It's not needed if the exhaust servo code is disabled in the map.

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Yes, I flashed the DP slip on map for the termis onto my stock ECU and completely removed everything related to the servo. The motor itself, wires, cable, everything. I don't really know much about ecutune. I used JPDiag, but they should both just be a route to flash the ECU with the same maps. The duc.ee is only necessary if you're still running the stock map on the stock ECU. It's not needed if the exhaust servo code is disabled in the map.
If you only disconnect the servo cable from the flapper a code will not be thrown...a code shows when the servo is disconnected from the system.

Reactions: pmrobert

·
Registered
109 Posts
You can disable the exhaust servo using tuner pro and guzzi writer no problem :) for the 848 I also have a map that has the speedometer corrected for a non proprietary tire size ;)

·
Registered
798 Posts
I use stock tires and had ~7% error (speedo reading low) w/ both stock code and DP Termi slipon code. Ducatidiag was used to fix that issue as well as the exhaust servo removal issue and things have worked exceptionally well.It's nice seeing the GPS speed agree with the actual dash!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts