Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All

I have a 2007 Sport 1000 biposto. I know there are many threads but just trying to get a simple straight forward answer on brake calipers. Which other Ducati year and model offers better stock calipers that are a direct fit on my Sport 1000?

·
Registered
901 Posts
... trying to get a simple straight forward answer on brake calipers. Which other Ducati year and model offers better stock calipers that are a direct fit on my Sport 1000?
Well if you are running the stock wire wheels and want to use a better caliper from another Duc the simple answer is there are NONE.

There are very nice aftermarket 4 piston calipers (and maybe 6 piston) by Discacciati available from our sponsor JC that will work with the stock wheels.

JC/PAKBIKES Sport Classic Specialties

There are adaptors that will allow fitting Brembo 4P4P calipers from a 999 or 4P2P's from lots of other Ducs to the stock wheels available from BevelHeaven.

https://store.bevelheaven.com/Brake...lassics-Install-65mm-Mount-4-Piston-Calipers/

If you install cast wheels (or Alpina wires) there are many better caliper options available. As an added benefit, the cast wheels will vastly improve the handling of your bike at the expense of no longer looking quite so Retro. I switched to cast Duc ST wheels so I could run tubeless and I use 4P4P 999 calipers. Awesome stopping power and much lighter steering. I look at the original wires sitting in the garage and think how beautiful they are, but when I ride I know the cast wheels are the bomb.

Reactions: egomexico

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Hello All

I have a 2007 Sport 1000 biposto. I know there are many threads but just trying to get a simple straight forward answer on brake calipers. Which other Ducati year and model offers better stock calipers that are a direct fit on my Sport 1000?
No other model...

·
Registered
901 Posts
Wow...year old thread. As far as the back caliper, I don't know. Just about the only time I ever use my rear brake is to hold the bike stopped on a hill and the stock caliper is plenty strong for that job so I never felt the need to look into a replacement. I know some guys use a bracket to mount a 2 pot caliper under the swingarm like on a Superbike or a SuperSport but I don't know if that's more for looks or superior function. I know I don't feel any real difference on my 900SS verses my S1K. If you are really trying to haul the bike down from speed most of the weight transfers to the front so even the stock caliper will easily lock up the light rear end so I don't see much advantage to installing a "better" rear caliper. The 4P4P calipers I put on the front however are an entirely different story. YMMV of course.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts