Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Hyper but I'm asking this question in this area because we have basically the same motor...

I am wondering if anyone knows or can look in thier service manual to see which wire has a direct rpm output...maybe even the one that goes to the stock speedometer/dash that gives the RPM data...or maybe I could email Ducati... but who at Ducati?

I have a timer that does data aquisition...that is why this question...

I have already tried the inductive method of RPM pickup which is wrapping a wire around the sparkplug wire (did it a bunch of different ways) but I'm not getting accurate data since the signal will drop off at times, and jump around alot...

There are supposed to be a couple different wires in a motorcycle electrical system that send the RPM signal... one is from the ECU, another is going to a fuel injector...problem is I don't know which ones they are...

So any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
557 Posts
you should be able to find the wiring harness diagram for you bike in the owners manual on the ducati website. I know that they are listed in the 748/996/998 series of manuals. from that diagram you should be able to tell which wire is the one coming out of the ECU and feeding the tach. only issue is that because the harness is bundled you may have an issue unless you unwrap it. what DA system are you using? My starlane was ablw to use induction on my 748, and i know of others who are using the wrapping method successfully. best of luck.

·
Registered
39 Posts
If you have the same ECU like my sport1000 you can use pin 18 from this.
I have connected a rpm-flashlight to there and it works fine.
Good luck
Jens

1 - 3 of 3 Posts