Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I decided to go to a pub in Amherst for a hamburger. It would be a 275 mile round trip. Must ride best roads along the way! Have lunch, go.

Along the way, Greenfield MA to be exact, I met a friendly local. I was entering a rotary, he was in the rotary. Aparently he didn't think I was going to yield. I guess I was braking a little late, so what. Now I'm behind him. The hands are coming off the wheel in frustration. He kept raising his hands. He was losing it up there in the cab of his pickup truck. It just seemed insane to me. Next, I don't usually do this, I know better. This one was unique though. I waved my tallest gloved finger. :D He goes ballistic. Now I'm keeping my distance so that I'm not in striking range. We both follow through the rotary to an intersection with a red light. I'm staying at his 7 oclock. He pulls into his lane I'm on the left. I make sure I'm not in front of him. The clutch half engaged I'm still just barely rolling. Mister nice guy is raving about "do you know what roadkill is?" and "I'm pulling over...we can settle this". I'm looking at him, watching his body language, what is he going to do? He's so mad he's running out of steam. The look on his face suggested he was bewildered by his own madness. Light turns green. Bye bye Greenfield! What a maroon, what an ignoranimus!

I get to my stopping place for an ice tea and blackened burger. Tasted so good! Onward home. Took a wrong turn. Awsweme road! Nice pavement with a couple switchbacks and other assorted technical twisties. No hidden driveways and little traffic. We will be going there again. Another 20 miles of nice road, then it is all superslab for the next 65 miles.

Dark just setting in, Ms. Ducati is safely on her concrete perch.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Exit 26, the rotary...... I was born in Greenfield. I would have joined you for a burger, I live two miles from Amherst. You should check out RT 2 west from the rotary going to N. Adams. I just posted a few pics in the monster section of a trip I took today, beautiful up that way in the mountains.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Exit 26, the rotary...... I was born in Greenfield. I would have joined you for a burger, I live two miles from Amherst. You should check out RT 2 west from the rotary going to N. Adams. I just posted a few pics in the monster section of a trip I took today, beautiful up that way in the mountains.
Hell yea! I went all the way to North Adams, took 8a south and then 116 all the way to Amherst. We shall hook up sometime...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts