Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone fitted a digital speedo/tacho/rev counter to their bike to replace the standard clocks. I find them a little annoying to read at speed and need a speedo healer anyway.

My thinking is for almost the same price as the speedo healer I could kill 2 birds with one stone.

Just wondered if anyone had done it before or had any advice?

·
Registered
635 Posts
Hmm never heard of a speedo healer. What is it?

Hey even if you find the answer to your digital speedo conversion let us hear about it. I'm looking to do the same thing to a project build.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
I found the stock tach to be fine, but the speedo print and divisions are pretty small. I'd have preferred a 120 mph speedo and been perfectly willing to just figure from the tach on those few times when I wanted to know higher speeds..

A GPS is the simplest guaranteed accurate speedometer. Trying to replace the existing units may be problematic as the electronics are all integrated with the ECU. It may be quite possible, but it may be more of a headache than you realize.

Oh, buggy, a speedometer "healer" is a correction device.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
37 Posts
Speedo

The speedo off an MH900e would work (and probably fit) although it might cost a few bob. I had an Aprilia RSV Mille with a neat Speedo, clock, lap timer. ONe of the Aprilia units would probably be easier to find as well as cheaper.

Miles

1 - 7 of 7 Posts