Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put a similar gear indicator on my Suzuki SV1000S and it works well. Plugs into the ECU.

The problem is my 2002 Sport 900 is not specifically listed as compatible. Does anyone have an informed opinion as to whether this gear indicator will fit? It is said to be compatible with:

2002 Sport 900 ?
2003,4,5 Monster 1000 and 1000S Yes

Thanks in advance. Hopefully awareness of this inexpensive gear indicator will be useful to others.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Motorcycle...Multistrada-749-999-MV-Agusta-F4/192627816830

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
If you have a 5AM ECU (you almost certainly do with that year bike although I couldn't find confirmation on the web in the couple of minutes I looked) I'd bet it will work based on the other bikes it's noted to work with.

·
Excel Addict
2001 900SSie
5,345 Posts
If you have a 5AM ECU (you almost certainly do with that year bike although I couldn't find confirmation on the web in the couple of minutes I looked) I'd bet it will work based on the other bikes it's noted to work with.
The 900 and 750 models Monster and SS use the Marelli 15M ECU and there is now way this ECU connects to the gearbox.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
The 900 and 750 models Monster and SS use the Marelli 15M ECU and there is now way this ECU connects to the gearbox.
Heya Richard: Ya, my first thought was that 2002 was a LONG time ago, no way it could work, but the product description seems to say it'll work on 5AM ecu bikes... in fact if it DOES work I will be putting one on my '09 MTS as it drives me friggin' nuts not having one after riding bikes which do...

·
Registered
355 Posts
There is a model that uses rpm input and a magnet speed sensor on front or back wheel.
It basically learns what speed and rpm range for each gear and is a universal kit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts