Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I read the sticky and did a search but couldnt really come up with what Im looking for. Im looking at a 2006 monoposto and need to make a decision today.

Do the mono shock and twin shock setups feel different? I am heavy(300lbs) would the mono shock still be ok for street riding?

Also the bike has 4000 miles, cams, pulleys, ecm, termi and new tires. Is $7600 OTD delivered to my door a good deal?

Will this bike have more pep than my old stock hypermotard?

Thanks
Rene

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Hi,

Do the mono shock and twin shock setups feel different? I am heavy(300lbs) would the mono shock still be ok for street riding?
Mono or twin shouldn't make any difference as far as your weight. Either way the bike will be terribly undersprung for your weight, so you will need springs for both ends.

Also the bike has 4000 miles, cams, pulleys, ecm, termi and new tires. Is $7600 OTD delivered to my door a good deal?
Certainly not a steal, but, for a dealer price, probably pretty decent.

Will this bike have more pep than my old stock hypermotard?
Thanks
Rene
Probably not. The motard had a touch more power stock, as I recall. The Termis will make enough difference to take you a bit higher than the Motard, but I doubt it will be very noticeable.

·
Premium Member
666 Posts
I had a Hyper that I traded for my GT (hence my username :rolleyes:)

I'd say the Hyper was stronger on the low end and midrange but was all done at 7K. The GT is a bit softer on the midrange (but still very strong) but likes to rev more. This is with Termis and a well-tuned DP ecu. The Hyper was all stock at the time.

I was riding with a guy on a 998 yesterday and had no problem matching him coming out of turns or passing cars. The DS1000 is an excellent street motor.

Debby

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Suited and booted, I weigh 300 lbs. I've modded my sportclassic as much as can be done without tearing into the motor. It is absolutely more than you'll need for riding on the street. I ride it very hard and ride it on the track occasionally. It straight up can't keep up with a real racebike but as of yesterday, it was fast enough to be in the B+ group at Thunderhill.

I'm told by Peninsula Ducati that the racers say the 2006 swingarm compresses less on the track than the dual shock swingarm. I don't know what that even means, but if anything, the 2006 swingarm/mono shock setup is supposed to better.

I've actually purchased a 2006 SC for this reason and will be ordering a special spring from Ohlins for my weight and riding usage, etc. I say go for it.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice to hear from another 300 pounder. In 12 hrs she'll be here.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
The '06 is lighter and comes with rearsets.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts