Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Instead of rebuilding my original Mikunis (1994 Monster 600) I found a brand new set of carbs on eBay - but when I looked closely at the images they weren't 100% identical to mine: the two things on the both sides (highlighted with a circle in the attached image) aren't present on mine, and the float bowl looks somewhat difference (the screw is facing the other way and there are two drain pipes on mine whereas this one seems to only have one).

Were there several versions of the Mikuni BDST carbs, or can someone help me in explaining the differences?

I would hate buying these carbs just to find out they don't fit...

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So will the later model carbs work on early bikes or is this a no-go?
Can the heater nipples just be blanked off?

Thanks for your help :)

·
Registered
5,259 Posts
Yes, they'll work. Leave the heaters alone; just pretend they're not there. My '99 M900 has them but they're never had wiring to them. It also had the hose between the bowls for the oil heating but none of the rest of the system.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just so as to wrap this up, I ended up buying a set of new carburettors from this guy:
https://ducatipartsunlimited.com/products/mikuni-38mm-carburetors-part-bdst38-b159

It's a B159, meaning it is for a later model 600, whereas mine is an early one, fingers crossed it will work out of the box with no problems. Difference between late ones and early ones is that the idle jet/pilot jet on later 600's is a 40, as opposed to the 37.5 which came with the early ones, and I am hoping this will not mean it will need to be swapped.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey, wanted to see if this actually worked for you. I have a 93 900ss, and am in need of carbs. I found some carbs for a 1996 M900 Monster, and though they are a little bit different, but since you tried it I was wondering how it came out?

Just so as to wrap this up, I ended up buying a set of new carburettors from this guy:
https://ducatipartsunlimited.com/products/mikuni-38mm-carburetors-part-bdst38-b159

It's a B159, meaning it is for a later model 600, whereas mine is an early one, fingers crossed it will work out of the box with no problems. Difference between late ones and early ones is that the idle jet/pilot jet on later 600's is a 40, as opposed to the 37.5 which came with the early ones, and I am hoping this will not mean it will need to be swapped.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts