Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking to add a little bit of carbon fiber to my new 999 and what I wanted to add next were carbon fiber bits to the part on the outside top of the bike. The part covering the intake. Now I've come across two parts but I cant tell which goes where. The both look like they should go the same place but obviously they dont.

This one is called the air duct intake vent cover
2003-2006 Ducati 749 999 Air Duct Intake Vent Cover Fairing 100% Carbon Fiber | eBay

And this one is theupper front dash air cover fairing
2003-2006 Ducati 749 999 Upper Front Dash Air Cover Fairing 100% Carbon Fiber | eBay

Just trying to figure which is the top-most piece that passes right under the handlebars. As you can see there is a $50 difference between the two. And they are both from the same vendor so I dont believe it is mislabeling between different companies.

·
Super Moderator
1,249 Posts
The first ones are trim pieces for the early front fairing with the extra vents. The second parts are the ones you are looking for.

I have original DP carbon covers available if you are interested.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The first ones are trim pieces for the early front fairing with the extra vents. The second parts are the ones you are looking for.

I have original DP carbon covers available if you are interested.
I am, but you're in Finland :(

1 - 3 of 3 Posts