Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am not a huge fan of the Diesel Edition 1100 EVO. But I like the seat. Do you think Ducati will be selling it? I know with some of the limited edition Japanese bikes over the years if you didn't have proof that you owned the bike you couldn't order limited edition parts. Is Ducati that way too?

How much do you think a special upholstered seat would run ball park?

Thanks!

·
Banned
8,181 Posts
So I am not a huge fan of the Diesel Edition 1100 EVO. But I like the seat. Do you think Ducati will be selling it? I know with some of the limited edition Japanese bikes over the years if you didn't have proof that you owned the bike you couldn't order limited edition parts. Is Ducati that way too?

Thanks!
Seems like I just heard an this situation with another bike where you had to prove to Ducati you owned it. Saw wthe bike at laguna Motogp and agree the seat looked great. Also, the amgen diavel had a beautiful seat.

·
7,733 Posts

Thanks!
HD has that policy for its limited edition bikes, ie you have to show ownership of one before they'll sell you replacement special editon parts.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Not really a fan of the Deisel either. It definitely looks better in person, but I was SHOCKED when my lady walked up to it at the GP and said "you should do something like that to yours"!

·
Registered
78 Posts
If you can buy it from Ducati.... I would imagine it would be insanely overpriced being from a limited production run and they are probably made to order.. I would suggest going to an upholstery shop and having it made for you.... But you may loose the ability to use your rear seat cowl as the diesel looks to have a different one as well.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah I am new to Ducati, didn't know what they would get for a seat.

I have 4 or 5 auto upholstery shops in the area, that's where I'll start.

Rubbersidedown, I don't know why you would lose the ability to use your cowl?? I think the upholstery shop can just remove or replace the buttons ($30/pair from Ducati) where the cowl threads in.

Thanks for all of the great input.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I had my seat re-done and yes the "buttons" are reuseable. A good tip to save some bucks, if you are mechanical - handy I removed my own seat cover and brought it to the shop, they used it as a pattern and sewed one up for me. I then reinstalled myself. I have access to an air powered stapler though. Just a thought, you might even talk to the shop first about that and see if it would be worth the adventure.

In my case I only replaced the center section of vinyl so it was not very expensive.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Scooterd145, thanks for the reply!

Good idea to remove your own cover--save some labor charge. I used a heavy duty hand stapler on my race bike seat and that has held up well. Maybe that would work for this too?

How did you remove the 'buttons' or thread inserts? I was looking on it and I see that they can be compressed and pushed back through but they seem fragile and seems like a lot of force is needed to push them back through. I was worried that a pliers would crush them.

Thanks! Attach a pic of your seat if you have one.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Yeah I am new to Ducati, didn't know what they would get for a seat.

I have 4 or 5 auto upholstery shops in the area, that's where I'll start.

Rubbersidedown, I don't know why you would lose the ability to use your cowl?? I think the upholstery shop can just remove or replace the buttons ($30/pair from Ducati) where the cowl threads in.

Thanks for all of the great input.
I only thought that you would lose the ability to use your seat cowl as that paticular seat looks a little bulkier in the rear then the stock seat. If I remember correctly the rear seat cowl for the Diesel was a little taller/wider? but I could be mistaken.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
At first I was down on the brand-linking but the more I look at the details, I think they came up with an attractive package. The matte green certainly works.

Not sure about the clothing line though. Maybe for Calex.

Perhaps the "chew my rubber" slogan translates better in Italian.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I didn't think of that Rubberside down, the diesel seat might be completely different than the regular seat and have its own cowl. Good catch.

·
Registered
14 Posts
The Corbin seat is awesome!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts