Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pretty impressive. The CEO, Mr. Joseph Lppoliti, was at Laguna Seca on the Ducati Island and wow, the quality of their stuff is unbelievable! Jewel like is a worthy phrase. I discussed the handling issue with the Pterodactyl and it comes down to the front forks. They offer an Ohlins replacement with new triple clamps that has an adjustable offset that might tame the beast, along with a rotary damper. I think you need new calipers with the package. What do you think, assuming money is not an object? Yeah, right! Feedback, please! Thanks, and it was a wonderful time down there. Cheers, Martyn

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
ciao martyn -

joe is the coo @ ncr ... michele poggipolini is the ceo, and was also @ the ncr booth/tent the entire weekend.

and yes ... the ncr candy is very cool indeed. what did you think of the ti frame they had on display? did you pick it up? a complete sportclassic frame @ 11 lbs. amazing!

·
Duc ... Duc ... GOOSE!
1,928 Posts
I just bought some NCR candy for my Hyper. :D More to the point, however, Pro Italia will have THE Hailwood NCR tribute bike on display TOMORROW ONLY from 11am-6pm. If you missed it at Laguna you should make the trip to Pro Italia and see it in person.

I'll be there....

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
I just bought some NCR candy for my Hyper. :D More to the point, however, Pro Italia will have THE Hailwood NCR tribute bike on display TOMORROW ONLY from 11am-6pm. If you missed it at Laguna you should make the trip to Pro Italia and see it in person.

I'll be there....
i fondled the hailwood tt bike @ laguna ... so please excuse the spooge on the seat :rolleyes:

·
Registered
205 Posts
what parts did they have for the Hyper ???

Ive been wanting to get the gas cap... was that available ?
Wondering what other parts they had at Laguna...

All the best,

·
You're gonna love my nuts...
1,658 Posts
Joseph was the guy I was dealing with when I ordered my gas cap. During our first conversation it came up that I was going to have it painted or anodized black. He said he would take care of that for me.

While it took some time to get the final product to me, it was well worth the wait. Joseph keep in touch with me along the entire process and I felt like I was really getting some personalized attention.

I can give nothing but praises to him and NCR! :D

·
Duc ... Duc ... GOOSE!
1,928 Posts
I took some time out of work today to stroll by Pro Italia to see the Hailwood. To say it's gorgeous would be the understatement of the year.

Frame 01/12 was there ... basically the test mule ... and I got to pick it up. It was retarded light ... I mean, criminally light. There was also a rifle case full ove titanium goodies ... the billet crank among them. That piece of metal is amazing!!

The bike was sweet...the attention to detail was spectacular. I spoke to Joe and told him I wanted a Leggera ... he said that I could ship them my bike and for $5X,000 they would basically build me a titanium-framed Leggera using my motor and some of my pieces. I found myself trying to justify burying myself up to my eyeballs in unnecessary debt...:rolleyes:

Anyway, I was in my work gear so I had no camera. BUT IT WAS COOL!

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That NCR Hailwood replica was a museum piece! That titanium frame that NCR had was a thing of beauty. The welds: I couldn't believe the quality. What a beautiful weekend. And thank you to the CHP motorcycle cop who let me off with a warning for crossing a double yellow line for a pass to get to the race.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts