Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
4,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
I was thinking they might tune it to 185 or so to bump over the Tuono and Super Duke... but it sounds like decided to go big. (and 220hp with Akro... on a streetfighter... wow)

and under 400lbs...

19.9k and 22.9k Euro... so big price to go with the performance...

Styling is 100% "take the Pani and remove some fairings"... which will have to grow on me (I really like trellis frame Duc's) but yea... I think I'll get over it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
When they first brought it out on stage something about It didn't look right to me, something about the angle or the presentation, not sure.

But watching this video
It looks pretty awesome. Looks way better in action, the side profile etc

·
Premium Member
4,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Assuming some of those lines are going to be buggered up with the signaling and plate hardware... but it's not terrible looking.

·
Premium Member
2,545 Posts
The bars are higher and wider. Sorry for the obvious. Beyond that, It carries a lot of 'fluff aluminum' insulating the exhaust system. Not sure I'm a fan of the front. The 'face' if you will. All -said, I see an offering that could be more attractive, given the time.

Reactions: DarR

·
Registered
106 Posts
Assuming some of those lines are going to be buggered up with the signaling and plate hardware... but it's not terrible looking.
Sure, we knew that going in but ditch the mirrors and the gigantic license plate holder and I think it will be a sharp looking bike. I'll be painting the radiator silver trim black on mine the day I get my hands on it but other than that I really like it.

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
The bars are higher and wider. Sorry for the obvious. Beyond that, It carries a lot of 'fluff aluminum' insulating the exhaust system. Not sure I'm a fan of the front. The 'face' if you will. All -said, I see an offering that could be more attractive, given the time.
" ... the more I saw it run, the better looking it got ..."

(y)

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
Daaaaayyyyum son ..........

Some sanctioning body should open up a "stock streetfighter" class and race these nekked bikes.

Loose these machines upon the track.

?‍☠ ?

·
Registered
106 Posts
I imagine the winglets would make frame sliders just about impossible unless they were huge. It looks like the winglets unbolt underneath though. I'm not sure I'm a fan of them. I reserve final impression until I see it in person.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I imagine the winglets would make frame sliders just about impossible unless they were huge. It looks like the winglets unbolt underneath though. I'm not sure I'm a fan of them. I reserve final impression until I see it in person.
Frame sliders are just that... Frame sliders.. not meant for saving cosmetics

Reactions: Monster2Beast

·
Premium Member
4,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
most important thing about the winglet design for a street bike is that they break off without damaging anything underneath - either that or they are built strong enough to BE the frame sliders (virtually impossible imo given how huge they are).

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
Any one want to do a side by side old and new? Since this is the actuals release. I don’t know if i’m on board with nose yet, i’m pretty used it my 1200r pug nose right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Any one want to do a side by side old and new? Since this is the actuals release. I don’t know if i’m on board with nose yet, i’m pretty used it my 1200r pug nose right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't think the v4 will come out on top of an asthetic review... the last gen SF was better looking than any supernaked for sale today... except maybe the Brutale (Though I'd personally give the SF the nod even then).

·
Registered
73 Posts
Styling wise the old SFS looks cleaner. The cat and stock muffler look crappy. I am sure the akro or termi options will clean that up.
208hp is pretty insane for a bike weighing less than 400lbs. Be interesting to see how it sells since the 848/1098 never did that well.

·
Registered
465 Posts
You guys are cracking me up with the criticism.

Bike looks incredible. Everything about it is awesome. Those winglets are totally ridiculous especially on a street bike, but I love them.

Hope I can afford one!

·
Registered
106 Posts
I don't think the v4 will come out on top of an asthetic review... the last gen SF was better looking than any supernaked for sale today... except maybe the Brutale (Though I'd personally give the SF the nod even then).
The Brutale probably would get the nod as a more classically beautiful bike than the SF V4. As far as the rest of the competition, I'm not so sure. I've ridden Tuono 1100's and love them but they aren't the prettiest and the headlight nacelle and radiator shrouds are really pushing it in terms of the concept of a naked bike. I almost bought an S1000R but the looks never really gelled with me. It is a very fun bike to ride but it doesn't have much soul. It's like my Audi S4. Very quick, very capable, not a lot of personality. The Superduke R is probably my favorite (especially the minimal headlight on the 2017+ models) but it does look a little agricultural compared to its Euro competition. I don't think I've ever heard anyone say the Yamaha MT10 is a good looking bike. I am quite a fan of the more recent Speed Triples but I never liked them enough to go buy one.

·
Registered
106 Posts
i like how Ducati continued the line from the headlight into the slope of the fuel tank on both models. I makes them both look very sleek and purposeful.

·
Premium Member
4,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Pillion peg delete, tidy tail, repaint the silver radiator trim, Akro... and swap the BST's on it from my Multi and I think I could be content with the looks...

1 - 20 of 72 Posts