Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took the girlfriend out with me today on a ride through folsom, to salmon falls, up garden valley, and to WWS. While going through Folsom I saw a 996 pulled over, then turning onto Salmon falls there were two guys on KTM's pulled over by a CHP and an Eldo Sheriff, then 100 yds further there was a Ducati multi pulled over by another Sheriff. Ridiculous! Needless to say I have never been so bored on salmon falls, stuck doing 45 or less most of the way because I can't get another ticket.

So, hopefully none of those people were from this site. Sucks to see the bikers get targeted.

·
Registered
391 Posts
After the BS experience I had with three other riders from this forum all getting stopped, I vowed never to return to that area. Granted, WWS is a phenominal stretch of roadway, but after the way the four of us were treated that day by FOUR chippies in as many vehicles conducting a "sportbike task force", I'll never do it again. That was two years ago.

I will have to say that seeing the chippies sweat to my questioning in court was worth the price of traffic school:cool:

Sound like I"m still bitter?:think:

·
Premium Member
8,765 Posts
We get picked on sometimes because of the squids that ride through Salmon Falls like idiots. Its deemed rural/residential.

·
Administrator
13,930 Posts
Jess and I headed south on 49 today and only saw 2 CHP all the way from Sacto to Sonora and back. Very light patrol for 150 miles of area.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
After the BS experience I had with three other riders from this forum all getting stopped, I vowed never to return to that area. Granted, WWS is a phenominal stretch of roadway, but after the way the four of us were treated that day by FOUR chippies in as many vehicles conducting a "sportbike task force", I'll never do it again. That was two years ago.

I will have to say that seeing the chippies sweat to my questioning in court was worth the price of traffic school:cool:

Sound like I"m still bitter?:think:
Todd, I still go up occasionally but avoid weekends. I have a new route up to Georgetown that avoids the major road into town and is quite fun actually. I am still bitter about it, but my insurance actually went down, never did traffic school and minimized the traffic tax, so all in all not completely distraught.

·
Registered
356 Posts
There were 8 CHP patrol cars between Donner Pass and Penryn on I-80 around 5:45 PM on Sunday. They were hiding on the on ramps out of sight behind the trees.

I had my V1 in the truck and it kept going off for miles on end. Pulling a trailer with two bikes on it, I did not take a chance of going over 58 mph.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.