Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took the girlfriend out with me today on a ride through folsom, to salmon falls, up garden valley, and to WWS. While going through Folsom I saw a 996 pulled over, then turning onto Salmon falls there were two guys on KTM's pulled over by a CHP and an Eldo Sheriff, then 100 yds further there was a Ducati multi pulled over by another Sheriff. Ridiculous! Needless to say I have never been so bored on salmon falls, stuck doing 45 or less most of the way because I can't get another ticket.

So, hopefully none of those people were from this site. Sucks to see the bikers get targeted.

·
Registered
391 Posts
After the BS experience I had with three other riders from this forum all getting stopped, I vowed never to return to that area. Granted, WWS is a phenominal stretch of roadway, but after the way the four of us were treated that day by FOUR chippies in as many vehicles conducting a "sportbike task force", I'll never do it again. That was two years ago.

I will have to say that seeing the chippies sweat to my questioning in court was worth the price of traffic school:cool:

Sound like I"m still bitter?:think:

·
Premium Member
8,739 Posts
We get picked on sometimes because of the squids that ride through Salmon Falls like idiots. Its deemed rural/residential.

·
Administrator
12,805 Posts
Jess and I headed south on 49 today and only saw 2 CHP all the way from Sacto to Sonora and back. Very light patrol for 150 miles of area.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
my holiday rules are never ride near boating areas or known "motor cycle roads". CHP expects alcohol use around Folsom Lake and from the rafters. and there are few officers that get Holiday weekends off. usually it is a time of maximum show of force.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
After the BS experience I had with three other riders from this forum all getting stopped, I vowed never to return to that area. Granted, WWS is a phenominal stretch of roadway, but after the way the four of us were treated that day by FOUR chippies in as many vehicles conducting a "sportbike task force", I'll never do it again. That was two years ago.

I will have to say that seeing the chippies sweat to my questioning in court was worth the price of traffic school:cool:

Sound like I"m still bitter?:think:
Todd, I still go up occasionally but avoid weekends. I have a new route up to Georgetown that avoids the major road into town and is quite fun actually. I am still bitter about it, but my insurance actually went down, never did traffic school and minimized the traffic tax, so all in all not completely distraught.

·
Registered
348 Posts
There were 8 CHP patrol cars between Donner Pass and Penryn on I-80 around 5:45 PM on Sunday. They were hiding on the on ramps out of sight behind the trees.

I had my V1 in the truck and it kept going off for miles on end. Pulling a trailer with two bikes on it, I did not take a chance of going over 58 mph.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts