Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

I'm thinking about purchasing a Hyper but am concerned with the 80 - 90 mile range as posted several times. I think the '09 and '10 bikes have a larger tank? 3.3 Gallons vs. 3.0 or something. Can someone with a '09+ give me an idea on what they are getting on a tank of gas? My round trip commute to work is 100 mi, and I'd hate to have to fuel up before leaving as well as on the way back! I'm trying to decide between this bike and a M1100. Thanks.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Little better

I get about 110 miles before the light, but I don't ride terribly hard. Don't have the manual in front of me, but while I didn't think I had any better capacity than the '08s, I thought I'd read it was more than 3 gallons....

·
Registered
532 Posts
i get about 110 miles before the light comes on and sometimes even up to 120

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
i believe they are the same most people with no mods can get 110 with no probs and a little over 120 till its empty as stated,but with ecu s,exhaust,power modules you lose miliege signifigantly.more like 85 to 100 to when light comes on.

·
Registered
93 Posts
i believe they are the same most people with no mods can get 110 with no probs and a little over 120 till its empty as stated,but with ecu s,exhaust,power modules you lose miliege signifigantly.more like 85 to 100 to when light comes on.
It ain't necessarily so...
Mine had Termi 2-1-2 system & 308 ECU when I bought it and I was getting just over 100miles to tank.
The addition of Zard downpipes made little difference (except in the looks, weight loss and noise deprtments)
K&N filters on Ducshop stacks combined with a 708 ECU gave me a more power ...and actually improved the mileage.
I now get over 110 to a tank before the light comes on.

·
Registered
85 Posts
miles after light

How many miles are you guys getting after the light goes on??
Hopefully you didn't find out the hard way............

·
Registered
331 Posts
How many miles are you guys getting after the light goes on??
Hopefully you didn't find out the hard way............
I've gone 18 miles with the light on when the bike was stock. This was all flat roads, but with a passenger. I wouldn't ever push it that far again if I can help it. I think I was running on vapors by the time I got to the station. I don't remember how much gas it took to fill up though. :abduct:

·
Banned
8,181 Posts
I needed a laugh after missing a flight thanks to spending too much time glued to this forum. So my hyper turns it's little reserve light on at 60-65 miles, and I pushed it one time and got totally stuck w/o gas at 75. Mods DO impact fuel economy BADLY! (this is mountain riding, but still!)

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
I needed a laugh after missing a flight thanks to spending too much time glued to this forum. So my hyper turns it's little reserve light on at 60-65 miles, and I pushed it one time and got totally stuck w/o gas at 75. Mods DO impact fuel economy BADLY! (this is mountain riding, but still!)
Is your bike an early one? Built in 2007-2008? They had a trip meter (and just the trip meter, not the odometer) error that can be fixed with a reflash of the computer. They read .6 of a mile for every mile traveled.

·
Registered
260 Posts
All I can say is that I am really glad that I bought the CA tank, makes the bike much more usable..I dont have to worry everytime that I go for a long ride that I will run out of gas...that is worth a lot to me.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
is this a joke, or for real?
It's for real, but may not be the case. I have the full Zard system, DNA filter, DP lid, DP ECU, and PCIII tuned on the dyno and I cannot get more than 90 miles to a tank, in the twisties barely 85. The light comes on around 70-75 miles. Before any mods, I could get 120 miles+ out of a tank.

Out!

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
I wish it was a joke. I had that problem but I knew about it before I picked up my bike in August 2007. At that time they didn't even have the fix ready. I had to wait 3 months for my dealer to get the update for their equipment.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Got the fix for my gas trip meter fixed too.

My low-fuel light quit working. After 110 mi or so, I hit the gas station and usually put about 3.2 gal in the 3.3 gal tank :eek:

·
Registered
66 Posts
I only see 80 miles tops and i have the standard model with no mods....

maybe i should ride a little slower

:think:

·
Registered
78 Posts
I only see 80 miles tops and i have the standard model with no mods....

maybe i should ride a little slower

:think:
That's the kind of mileage I get when it's cold out...unless I cover the oil cooler. Here's my latest design:

http://web.engr.oregonstate.edu/~garrisoa/images/misc/*******-engineering.jpg

Covers the oil cooler so the temp reaches 200F after riding about 10 miles. Plus, it protects other stuff from the dirt that the front tire kicks up - I live on a dirt road.

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
looks like your cold air mod is also going to be good to fend off photo radar tickets, as your hypertard's plate is now unreadable :rolleyes:

That's the kind of mileage I get when it's cold out...unless I cover the oil cooler. Here's my latest design:

http://web.engr.oregonstate.edu/~garrisoa/images/misc/*******-engineering.jpg

Covers the oil cooler so the temp reaches 200F after riding about 10 miles. Plus, it protects other stuff from the dirt that the front tire kicks up - I live on a dirt road.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts