Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all , Ive had the Diavel since 2011 and absolutely love the bike . I have always liked the Multi. Any advice for a possible new Multi owner?

·
Registered
373 Posts
The front end comes up way quicker on the Multi... :laughing:

Reactions: VincentVega

·
Registered
137 Posts
Hello all , Ive had the Diavel since 2011 and absolutely love the bike . I have always liked the Multi. Any advice for a possible new Multi owner?

2016 Pikes Peak Ed. With öhlins and full Termi from factory it's a box ready canyon carver! Side bags? We don't need no stinking side bags lol, I assume they could still be mounted.

·
Registered
282 Posts
My advice, if you can do it, go for it. I went from a 2013 Diavel to a 2016 Multi and have enjoyed it much more. I already have more miles on my Multi in 5 months than I did on my Diavel in 2 years. Don't get me wrong I enjoyed my Diavel but the Multi is much better rounded and has the same performance (or similar) and a much more comfortable riding position.

Good luck.

·
Registered
237 Posts
The Diavel strikes me as a Cadillac CTS-V versus a MultiS as a Range Rover Sport; both very cool vehicles.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Just be careful you don't put your eye out. :D

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
I've ridden both and the Multistrada is a much better bike IMHO. I just don't like the riding position of cruisers.

I had a Monster and a few other naked bikes before the Multi and I had ridden a Diavel as well as a Harley, and a Ducati Streetfighter before buying the Multistrada I have now and I wouldn't trade it for any of those bikes... The Streetfighter might be a close second though. ;)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quick question :
I am 5'10" ish and was flatfooted on the Diavel .I can hold the Multi up pretty good but am stretched out . Anyone else with similar issue ?

·
Registered
282 Posts
Quick question :
I am 5'10" ish and was flatfooted on the Diavel .I can hold the Multi up pretty good but am stretched out . Anyone else with similar issue ?
Same. I'm 5' 9" and could flat foot Diavel but on my toes on the Multi with the lowest seat height. It has not been an issue so far. That's the main reason I did not buy a Multi prior to the 2015. The seat was just too high.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Same. I'm 5' 9" and could flat foot Diavel but on my toes on the Multi with the lowest seat height. It has not been an issue so far. That's the main reason I did not buy a Multi prior to the 2015. The seat was just too high.
Thanks for the input !! Im not quite on my tip toes but close , more on the ball of my foot . The salesman told me a lot have that issue but they just put one foot down flat and hang off one side when stopped.

·
North Carolina, USA
3,320 Posts
Thanks for the input !! Im not quite on my tip toes but close , more on the ball of my foot . The salesman told me a lot have that issue but they just put one foot down flat and hang off one side when stopped.
I'm 5'8", and am on my third multi. All it takes is a bit of practice to become proficient at stopping and handling the taller bike. At 5'10ish you should have no trouble at all, unless you're all torso with short stubby legs. But if it does present a challenge, figure out what stopping technique works for you, and just make it a habit. There are plenty of short guys on multis, in fact there was a fairly long thread on the subject on here a few months back.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Quick question :
I'm 5'7" and tip top the Multistrada and have never dropped it in 5 years (knock on wood) but I grew up on dirt bikes and prefer that riding height.
I know of a few guys who wanted a multistrada but didn't buy because they felt it was too tall.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
I'm 5'11" and I cannot flat foot the bike except in urban mode. Doesn't bother me though, I can get both feet down and if I tilt slightly to one side I can flat foot that side. When stopped at a light I'll usually have my left foot down and leave my right foot on the rear brake to hold the bike until the light changes (yes, my rear brake will hold the bike).

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
I'm 5'8" and comfortable on the 2012 pikes peak multi. flat footed no - but comfortable. On another note - a couple of my members (indy desmo owners) have both the diavel and the multi. They would advise to sign up for track days on the multi!! :) It will put a smile on your face

·
Registered
376 Posts
Just pulled a captain morgan stance everytime I came to a stop as I am 5'10

Reactions: tcatnat

·
Registered
17 Posts
I went from a 2012 Diavel to a 2015 Multistrada 1200S. I absolutely love this bike! It a blast to ride and very comfortable. Extremely easy to ride also!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Same height here and although I can't flat foot it, is pretty balanced. Make sure you get your suspension right for your weight. When I did mine, it sits a bit lower once atop of it and feels perfectly secure even if not completely flat footed. I came off 999's and 1198's and my 2010 standard MTS is just awesome to me. TBH I am not a fan of the look, but absolutely love the bike in every other way. It's like that girl friend in high school that was not the cutest but rocked your world ever other way. ;-)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts