Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2012 carbon and have read about low and high coolant temp readings. Does anyone know if this problem has been fixed for 2012 Diavels ?

·
Registered
6 Posts
So far my 2012 has been ok. 185 degrees when cruising , between 200 to 225 degrees in traffic but goes right down when back moving over 30 mph.Fan comes on at 217 degrees. Fan did not seem to drop temp. much. They do run hot when not moving . Dealer said it was normal.Cant wait to see how hot it gets when air temps. get 90 plus.

·
Premium Member
12,343 Posts
My fan comes on at 212°, Maybe you want to get INGLIS to set the Fueling up for you, it is set at the factory for optimum Pollution control...Which may mean that it will run hot , I am guessing here...I don't know.
I did notice some black smoke when you took off!!! Just kidding , really.
PM sent.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I would not worry.
There has been a lot of misinformation quoted on various forums, in my opinion.

In normal weather it runs a little hot compared to some other bikes maybe, but well within what ducati designed, so all good.,
(fan comes on, keeps it from going to high)

The only problem I have seen personally, is when its 4 C or lower out, and you are at speed out in the country, the thermostat is located down on the left side out in the front, and I beleive gets chilled enough to shut off, so the rads get cool, yet the bike runs 108C. Fans going, rads cool enough to touch, bike motor is seriously hot.
When you get back into the sity, the slower speed lets the thermostat go back to working, and the bikes goes back to normal temps.
They told me that 108C wont be too harmful so it doesn't seem to that big of an issue, besides, two years warranty, right?
And now, with normal weather here, it runs predictably, and well.

·
Premium Member
3,178 Posts
Mine did get to 240 once, pulled over, turned engine off, turned back on and right away went to 180, radiators were only warm and not hot at all.

Little investigation and noticed had an air in the cooling system, did burp it and never did happen again afterwards.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Mine did get to 240 once, pulled over, turned engine off, turned back on and right away went to 180, radiators were only warm and not hot at all.

Little investigation and noticed had an air in the cooling system, did burp it and never did happen again afterwards.
That is the first thing I checked, had the local dealer, drain, replace and burp it, and then changed to a better coolant (Engine Ice), but mine still does this.
its not a problem, as it only occurs at low temps, 4C or below, and I have other bikes to ride then, only reason I noticed it now, is I received my bike in October, and was only riding it from then to now. (was loving it too much)

Something to see the snowflake warning of road ice, and 108C on the temp gauge tho. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts