Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 Ducati Diavel Strada and want to add cruise control. A little confused about how it all works(mapping, etc...)

Had anyone out there put a cruise on their Strada? Any problems? Any suggestions/insight?

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
TuneBoy - Engine Management Systems

It's super easy. Take your bike to a dealership that sells Tuneboy packages and you can buy the Tuneboy cruise control which is simply a software update map that they flash into the ECU. The cruise control only map usually sells for around $250 and it just adds crusie control functionality and keeps all factory tuning. I have this on my 2013 Multistrada and it works as advertised. There may or may not be a waiting period for their cruise control maps for 2014's, don't know if they're released yet. It adds no physical parts its only a software update if you do the cruise only map. If you get the full on custom tuning map (quite a bit more $$) it includes cruise control plus the option to add actual speed-nudge buttons so the cruise has the added nudge feature like cars do. The cruise only map just allows the current speed (above 35mph) to be grabbed by holding the start button in for 3 seconds. Then if you need to accelerate to pass or something it will settle back down the captured speed once you roll off. Tapping the clutch lever or either brake lever releases it. At around 4500rpm in 5th gear mine held 75 within 2mph, cruising through some mild grades along I-64.

Get it, it is so worth it on the highway.

·
Registered
805 Posts
TuneBoy - Engine Management Systems

It's super easy. Take your bike to a dealership that sells Tuneboy packages and you can buy the Tuneboy cruise control which is simply a software update map that they flash into the ECU. The cruise control only map usually sells for around $250 and it just adds crusie control functionality and keeps all factory tuning. I have this on my 2013 Multistrada and it works as advertised. There may or may not be a waiting period for their cruise control maps for 2014's, don't know if they're released yet. It adds no physical parts its only a software update if you do the cruise only map. If you get the full on custom tuning map (quite a bit more $$) it includes cruise control plus the option to add actual speed-nudge buttons so the cruise has the added nudge feature like cars do. The cruise only map just allows the current speed (above 35mph) to be grabbed by holding the start button in for 3 seconds. Then if you need to accelerate to pass or something it will settle back down the captured speed once you roll off. Tapping the clutch lever or either brake lever releases it. At around 4500rpm in 5th gear mine held 75 within 2mph, cruising through some mild grades along I-64.

Get it, it is so worth it on the highway.
+1 to that!
If your laptop savvy oiu can just buy the kit directly and do the flash yourself.
The longest part of the process is installing the laptop software and registering for your licence key.. maybe allow 30mins.
The ECU flashing takes only a few minutes.

Just back this week from a 2.3K km trip and boy did the CC earn its keep! Not only in relaxed riding, but fuel economy as well! Sydney to Queenbeyan on a tank with the dash showing 70km range to go.

Id def. recomend full tune + CC package and nudge buttons. The buttons make it so easy to 'ride' the CC. adjust it up or down, or just leave it be.

·
Registered
53 Posts
This is the first I have heard of this cruise control. Sounds very interesting. I have the full Termi system on my Diavel. If I add this CC it won't affect my tuning will it? It should only add the CC function and that's it, correct?

·
Temporary greeter
23,068 Posts
This is the first I have heard of this cruise control. Sounds very interesting. I have the full Termi system on my Diavel. If I add this CC it won't affect my tuning will it? It should only add the CC function and that's it, correct?
There is a cruise only version as mentioned above. It will not change your tuning. But a tune upgrade will put even a bigger smile on your face.

·
Temporary greeter
23,068 Posts
Thanks Wonway. I see you're in the Chicago area like me. Do you know if any shops in the burbs that I could trust to install this Tuneboy CC correctly on my Diavel?
There is no hardware to instal with the Tuneboy cruise control unless you opt for the nudge switches. It is all software. It will come with a programming cable so you can install it yourself. If you don't feel comfortable doing it I'm sure MCC in Villa Park can do it for you. There is quite a bit of information in the Multistrada section as it uses the same cruise control. And if they won't do it I may be able to be convinced to help you out. I have been known to work for beer :D

Tom

·
Registered
53 Posts
Is there a video or pictorial that shows how to do this as it sounds pretty easy. If not then Wonway I may take you up on that offer. Now, where can I buy it for $250? The cheapest I have seen it is about $290-$300.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Installed it today. It was very easy and simple to do and went pretty smooth until the end when it wouldn't let me create a Key code. It said the User ID and Password they sent me were incorrect. I'm sure it's just a minor thing like a typo or something. Just waiting on a response from Emma.

·
Banned
30 Posts

·
Banned
30 Posts
I have a 2014 Ducati Diavel Strada and want to add cruise control. A little confused about how it all works(mapping, etc...)

Had anyone out there put a cruise on their Strada? Any problems? Any suggestions/insight?
Of course the Aussies members are going attempt to push TuneBoy on you, for $400 + 79.00 in shipping direct from Australia for the cruise control alone. If you buy the Tune w/Cruise it almost $700 when all is said and done. I might add with little or no support. They are slow to non existent with support and don't have any registered dealers in the US.

All you have to do is unplug your ECU it into Moto Wheels and have a Rexxer Tune done with the cruise control added for $300.00. MW Tuning/Rexxer ECU Remap

Much easier, simpler and cost effective. Don't believe everything you hear about Tune Boy. ;) In the end it's cost and functionality the counts and Rexxer is a much better alternative.

One other thing to consider is your Warranty. Tune Boy will void your warranty. Read the Ducati warranty specifications. Dealers here in the US don't use Tune Boy and it's not a Ducati Authorized Modification. I don't care what our Aussie friends profess to you, these are the facts of the matter.:)

Emma and Tuneboy got back to me (Great CS by them!) and the bike starts and runs fine, but I'm still getting the !LAMBDA error. Anybody have any ideas what this could be?
Are you using the Data Logger? Did you buy the Lambda from them? It an Innovation probe, which can be bought for about $100.00 less than they sell it. If you didn't purchase the probe and install it you're going to get an error.

·
Banned
30 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts