Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was invited to shoot a few photos at the local shop's "Diavel Night" party, held at the nearby Quaker Steak & Lube. I think it was a pretty good success, with lots of people showing up, and more importantly, showing the community how well-behaved a large group of motorcycle enthusiasts can be.

I believe even the waitresses commented on how it was nice to cater to a group of bikers that weren't rude, obnoxious, and "grabby". :D

Anyway, here's some photos. Feel free to post up your own from your local "Diavel Night".

·
Registered
926 Posts
I went to the diavel night in Portland... good time, free wine, and sweet bikes. It does look WAY better in person. Another highlight was seeing the Desmodici RR.

·
The days are getting longer!
8,278 Posts
That's Max in the third photo down sitting on the bike.
Great! Now I can't pick on the Diavel guys because they have proof I sat on the damn beast! Thanks a lot, ass! :mad:

I had my buddy Dave and a few of the "guys" meet me up there for the Friday night debut. It was pretty cool, Redline did a great job and the bike is awesome in person. :D

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Due to time contraints last weekend, I had to choose between my dealer's "Diavel Night" and their "Diavel Test Ride Day" the next day. Not a tough choice . . . VROOM VROOM:cool:

·
Premium Member
2,379 Posts
Great! Now I can't pick on the Diavel guys because they have proof I sat on the damn beast! Thanks a lot, ass! :mad:

I had my buddy Dave and a few of the "guys" meet me up there for the Friday night debut. It was pretty cool, Redline did a great job and the bike is awesome in person. :D
:D:D They had one at WSBK at PI, the black carbon thing, I turned my back for a minute and before I knew what had happened husband was sitting on it. I just said "someone will think you are serious" he looked alarmed and got off it really quickly:p

·
Registered
60 Posts
The " Cruiser " world will learn to take the DIAVEL " seriously " !!This muscle bike has it all, good looks, light weight, high horsepower, excellent ergos, superb handling (really,, ride it yourself and see...)

Needless to say, I am impressed DUCATI, fine job ! But hey, I'm just " Joe Average " !!

Gio999

·
MultiModerator
1,419 Posts
Due to time contraints last weekend, I had to choose between my dealer's "Diavel Night" and their "Diavel Test Ride Day" the next day. Not a tough choice . . . VROOM VROOM:cool:
Well you missed out on free food, open bar, music and some cool fiery entertainment, link to it on Ducati Community. Sport mode probably made up for it :D it just flat out goes!

·
Registered
256 Posts
"It's the end of the world as we know it."

Not a fan of R.E.M. or Michael Sipe but the lyric fits my sentiments exactly on this whole Diavel drivel.

A Desmo, Italian, high strung power cruiser that doesn't handle (at least according to the new review in Rider magazine). I still just don't get it.

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
"It's the end of the world as we know it."

Not a fan of R.E.M. or Michael Sipe but the lyric fits my sentiments exactly on this whole Diavel drivel.

A Desmo, Italian, high strung power cruiser that doesn't handle (at least according to the new review in Rider magazine). I still just don't get it.
What the article said was that it fell into turns and that the rear didn't have a lot of feedback and it stepped out some on tight corners. Those were the only real criticisms. If it had been available at the time I bought the SF, I might have considered it. Cycle World seemed to like it, also.

·
Registered
6,955 Posts
Foggy likes it

"That's F..kin awesome.!! Still shaking, corners so well. Loads of torque, found out the TC works.! Need a cup a tea now.."

:D:D

·
Registered
256 Posts
What the article said was that it fell into turns and that the rear didn't have a lot of feedback and it stepped out some on tight corners. Those were the only real criticisms. If it had been available at the time I bought the SF, I might have considered it. Cycle World seemed to like it, also.
I'm sure Dr. T is up there somewhere quite pleased that those are the "only" things wrong with a bike wearing the Ducati name . . . all due to purely aesthetic considerations.

I should just refrain from commenting further, I'm done with the brand anyway after getting rid of almost every appealing model over the past several years and replacing them with crap. Hope my ST3s and my Sport 1000 last a long time . . . and me with them!

2006 Ducati ST3s
2006 Ducati Sport 1000 RED
1984 BMW R80RT
1982 Kawasaki GPz550 stock/mint

·
Registered
219 Posts
If it had been available at the time I bought the SF, I might have considered it.
Same here.

I'm sure Dr. T is up there somewhere quite pleased that those are the "only" things wrong with a bike wearing the Ducati name . . . all due to purely aesthetic considerations.

I should just refrain from commenting further, I'm done with the brand anyway after getting rid of almost every appealing model over the past several years and replacing them with crap. Hope my ST3s and my Sport 1000 last a long time . . . and me with them!
Had they set out to make a brand new super sport and it had those issues I can see the criticism. They set out to make a great cruiser type bike and they succeeded. EVERY bike has their positives/ negatives.

But haters will always find a reason to hate.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
But haters will always find a reason to hate.
Agreed.

IMO, it seems like people are far too caught up in the mentality that every bike made has to have top-shelf suspension, denture-tossing brakes, and lightspeed accelleration. If it doesn't, it's shite, and the bike needs to be tossed aside without any further review.

Not everyone wants a bike that's the best thing on the market. I know I don't. That's why I bought a Sport 1000. Yeah, the front suspension is made of a fine French cheese. Sure, accelleration is lagging and slow to turn. Last time they dyno'd the bike, it had 86hp. Yet... I still "manage" to have an absolute blast when I ride my motorbike.

I want to ride the Diavel. I know it's not going to perform like an 1198. I know it won't corner like an 848. I know the "fun riding position" won't be there, like it is for my Sport 1000. But it's a bike, with 2 wheels, and an engine. That should be all that matters.

Don't expect more from a bike that promises nothing more.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts