Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any advice for a 2014 gen 2 Diavel?

It has the red master key and a remote. I assume there should only be one remote?

It's had an oil service at 3k miles and has 6k on the clock now. I guess it's due the 5 years / 9k service now.

Looks clean everywhere. Rides fine. Tyres ok.

Anything specific to Diavels I need to look out for?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I bought a Gen1 Diavel, and it's definitely grumpy below 4K rpms. The Gen2 I test drove was a bit better, but not be leaps and bounds.... Which makes city traffic a bit intresting. Mine has the full Termi + ECU mapping from Ducati.

If it's had it's regular services, you should be good. You will be due for a timing belt change and full fluid change at 5 years (assuming that's the same for Gen2 as Gen1)....plan for a grand to have to work done at a dealership.

Rear tires are expensive, if it's worn, factor that into the price.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

I have bought gen 2 Diavel Carbon 2015. It had only around 1500 miles on the clock. The battery died within few weeks after I started riding, so might worth changing right after you purchase it.

Also service guys advised to do oil service every 3000 miles, especially if it is motul 300v, so did that as well just to be on the safe side.

Otherwise nothing specific.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys.

Looking into 5 year service costs. No Ducati dealers near me, so will find a decent indy.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Hmmm, so it's a gen 2 head light put on?

Anything else obvious to say which it is?
The Gen2 has a fuel gauge, Gen1 does not.

But the most obvious would be to check for the second spark plug - it's directly up from the clutch slave cylinder right behind the cross brace on the frame on the left side of the engine

·
Registered
353 Posts
The bike you posted looks like a Gen 2 - has the correct headlight and radiator shrouds (and those are a bitch to change). You sure it's a 2014?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The bike you posted looks like a Gen 2 - has the correct headlight and radiator shrouds (and those are a bitch to change). You sure it's a 2014?
It's advertised as a 2014 and the plate is 14.

It has the ribbed gen 2 seat too. The stock silencers are the gen 2 style.

·
Banned
397 Posts
Looks like a Gen2, it's a LOT of work to change the headlight, rad shrouds etc, as 1198SP says, just look for the second plug.

It's definitely due for timing belts, and service, if the tyres are original i would replace them, use all that to get a fairer price because really, it has to be done.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts