Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I made some mistakes today after wandering into the Ducati showroom for the first time ever, while getting a warranty issue resolved on my Harley Street Glide. The dealership I go to has Harley, BMW and Ducati. They told me it was going to take about an hour, so I figured, hey... WTH, I'll walk over and check out the Ducati's and see what the hype is all about. So after taking a look around, the two bikes that stood out to me were the Ducati Diavel 1260s and the Multistrada 1260s Twin Peaks.

So Ducati salesman wheeled them both out, gave me the keys and here is where I start the list of things I wish I never would've done or "mistakes" I made:

1) Got on them in the first place
2) Discovered quick up and down shifters
3) Discovered a clean yet techy interface with adjustable ride modes
4) Wheelie control, Traction Control, Cornering ABS
4) More natural riding positions than sling out on a cruiser
5) Panties dropping and people staring at me at red lights
6) what real power and torque feel like, HOLY SHIT they are FAST
7) how much I smile and laugh when turning the throttle back, seriously... I almost choked and went horse
8) How sexy AF these Ducatis are, I mean I eyed it over like that hot slut in school before ACTUALLY walking up and "talking" to her
9) That I could've had this bike to begin with for less than what I paid for my Harley Street Glide
10) Lastly, that after riding both, I can never go back to anything else...

So, I thought the ride would help me decide but I loved them both and now I'm split... I need clinical and forum help here

·
Registered
67 Posts
I know the feeling bro. I test rode a Diavel, the XDiavel, and the Multistrada a few years ago. To me, the Diavel is sexy AF but my “pragmatic” brain kept telling me to get the Multi given it’s all over capability.
So now, a few years later I am definitely in market and definitely plan to get the Multistrada. Just waiting to see what the Nov 4 announcement shows us with the new V4 model.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts