Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We lost our local dealer in OKC last year (a good thing), and I making a list of things to address in the Dallas area before my 2011 touring goes out of warranty next year. I hear AMS is good, can any of you guys recommend your dealers? I promise I won't tell them it was you! :)

Also, I do all my own work so haven't kept up with all the updates out there that I should have done, let me know if I'm missing anything important. thanks.

- Rear brake, no pedal, bleeding improves short term.
- Fuel sender or recalibration? Not accurate at all.
- Clutch Slave Cyl, new one available?

Is there something out about the suspension controller?

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
We lost our local dealer in OKC last year (a good thing), and I making a list of things to address in the Dallas area before my 2011 touring goes out of warranty next year. I hear AMS is good, can any of you guys recommend your dealers? I promise I won't tell them it was you! :)

Also, I do all my own work so haven't kept up with all the updates out there that I should have done, let me know if I'm missing anything important. thanks.

- Rear brake, no pedal, bleeding improves short term.
- Fuel sender or recalibration? Not accurate at all.
- Clutch Slave Cyl, new one available?

Is there something out about the suspension controller?
AMS is the best dealer I have been to by far. Bought my bike from them and got most of my services done there before moving to Chi town. Their service department is awesome. Call them up and Sophie will take care of you.

·
Premium Member
1,198 Posts
I've been using Eurocycle in Ft Worth. They too do a fine job. AMS may be the best dealer in the USA and there shop rate is commensurate.

Eurocycle is more in line with average dealer as far as shop rate, and all the work they did for me was properly executed.

Besides Eurocycle is close to where I live and work.

I'm lucky I guess...

Bob

·
Premium Member
121 Posts
+1 for AMS in Dallas. Very well run operation.

I live in Tulsa. I was taking my bikes to AMS when we still had a dealer in OKC.

I bought my 2012 MTS at AMS. Service on my previous ST4s and wife's current ST3s also done @ AMS unless something minor like tires, chain & sprockets or oil change.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Coolant recall is a big one. But, when you take it in to the dealer I'm sure they will catch you up on all service recalls.

·
Señor Member
1,466 Posts
AMS is the best dealer I have been to by far. Bought my bike from them and got most of my services done there before moving to Chi town. Their service department is awesome. Call them up and Sophie will take care of you.
+100. Tell Sofi what you are looking for and she will make sure you get it done right. yeah, they may charge a bit more than the next guy, but they run a top shelf operation and the team there works together, rides together and wrenches together. I've been nothing but impressed with all of 'em, even Jeff is ok :).

·
Registered
102 Posts
Definitely AMS! Those guys are awesome up there. I bought my 1098 from Eurosport in Ft Worth (because I didn't know about AMS) but after taking it in for the 600 mile service and having to help the master mechanic remove the fairings, I decided I would never go again. The AMS guys still give me shit about it, but they take great care of me! Sofi has been a tremendous help with recommendations for my 94 900ss project.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hmmm, Sophie at a Ducati dealership...sounds intriguing, is she Italian?

Thanks for the recommendations, I'll add the coolant check to the list.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Hmmm, Sophie at a Ducati dealership...sounds intriguing, is she Italian?

Thanks for the recommendations, I'll add the coolant check to the list.
I don't think so but she's an excellent rider and a mechanic herself. Not only that but she has some very impressive bikes that she has built.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts