Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am an absolute beginner so even basics are doubtful.

I found an S2R800 DP file on the tuneecu site but in hex format. Can it be converted into bin ( think so ) and is it usable after converting at all without their tool?

I used the gizzidiag tool package. I already dowloaded the recent version of mapping from the ECU using the giuzzidiag reader but was unable to find above mentioned file to upload.

Found a directory with few files among them even an S2R800 DP but the upload process failerd always so had to load back the original file.

Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Just remove the -.pdf

Are you sure you have the right ECU? There are differences in the 5AM ECUs, and you can't mix them. This bin is hw610 I think. You should compare the bin-file on you bike with this on in a hex editor. A 610-bin will be identical to your old map up to offset 0x4006 (16 bites).

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This bike has the problem it is originally an M800 but some genius changed the whole engine management to an M620 so I would like to put a 800 bin on its ECU.

Now that you are telling there are several types of the 5AM ECUs I am little confused. Is it possible the S2R file cannot loaded on this particular ECU?

Maybe the file's upload which I found on the internet didn't succeed exactly of the same reason?

Anyway I will try to upload the file you sent to me ( big thank you to you!! ) and if I fail again then I will try to find an M800 or an SS800 file somewhere.

Thank you for your response again!

I guess the M800 or SS800 of same year should be possible.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Well, you could just copy the fuel and spark maps from the DP map and paste it into your existing bin using TunerPro. Good luck

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Someone fitted a 620 ECU with 620 mapping to the M800. But after reading the mapping from the ECU the problem seems to be rather the damaged file than the M620 mapping itself. Now my task would be to load an undamaged file to the ECU but maybe it brakes down always because the ECU itself is damaged as well.

Further problem is I am an absolute nut in this whole story and should study a good description of the tunerpro software as I do not understand many things.

Don't understand for what is the marked area in the fueling map for. Fueling map question.JPG

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
the xdf you have is wrong. you can see the fuel map is not right and all the breakpoints are wrong as well. ducati used a lot of variations of the files, and you need the xdf that matches the file.

the 620 base software is also wrong as the 620 has a non linear tps and the 800 a linear tps. it's just not appropriate.

ecu's don't get damaged ime. they work or they don't.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
- the ECU was not right, was unable to upload any other map other than the one was on it already
- took an other ECU and uploaded a good bin file = a the bike is running like a champ ( now where the power arrived the clutch seems to be over :) )
- yes, the main problem was the two different type of TPS sensors, however the fuelling map and the ignition map is not very far away the different TPS makes real trouble

Thank you Brad!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts