Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
9,757 Posts

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
This race just won't be the same unless it is put on by the Top Gear guys.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Trust me I was as surprised as you are.

The E39 M5 started reeling my puny 748s in after about 210km/h but by that time the tarmac started running out fast and the race ended.
That's pretty believable, I killed an e60 m5 w/ intake and exhaust on multiple runs with my fairly stock '06 749s from 0-110 mph (176 km/h) with a 41t sprocket/ slip-on/pcIII. 4th gear and above, I'm sure the bimmer would start pulling.

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
Most bikes can beat beat alot of super cars, so you can imagine my surprise when a z06 corvette beat my 190 hp gsxr 750 in a stop light drag.
I later found out he was running a B and M 871 blower and 18 psi of boost.
He claimed 830 hp and 600 or so torque, and I dont doubt it.
The car looked stock from the outside.

·
Bon Vivant
11,229 Posts
Hmmm, this is what an 871 blower looks like. Even without the fly catcher there's no getting around it, if the car looked stock it didn't have one of these...

They're freakin big!

·
Registered
380 Posts
In a straight line a 600cc or greater sports bike will do pretty much any stock car (and most modified ones too) to about 200 km/h (125mph). Once 200 km/h has been reached aerodynamics come into play and the car normally regains the advantage and the gap will start closing until the car eventually passes the bike.

However, bear in mind a couple of things: while many sports bikes can do a sub 10sec quarter mile (out of the crate), there aren't many riders capable of achieving this performance and acceleration. Secondly, while we are quicker in a straight line, new cars are also fast and you need to be on your top game to get the advantage early or you will be playing catch-up.

However throw some tight corners into the equation and it becomes difficult for the bike to keep up (unless it is a nice predictable race track).

Ultimately keep the speed below 200 km/h and you should win pretty much any drag race, however the majority car drivers won't even realise you are racing them so any victory is ultimately hollow.

·
9,757 Posts
I'll say one thing though, sure I've killed some exotic cars on my 1098s, but I really prefer to stay away from them. I find supercar drivers to be quite reckless. The F430 that I killed was all over the road, and part of the reason I smoked him was because I wanted to get the hell away from him.

You get these dickheads who just dropped a quarter mill on 3500lbs of cage and they can't take getting beaten by anything so they get all excited and all common sense flies out the window.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
Hmmm, this is what an 871 blower looks like. Even without the fly catcher there's no getting around it, if the car looked stock it didn't have one of these...

They're freakin big!

I guess I should have explained, It looked stock with the exception of the obvious blower. No track bars visible, Not very large tires.
To be frank I thought the blower might be fake, until he left me in the dust.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Most bikes can beat beat alot of super cars, so you can imagine my surprise when a z06 corvette beat my 190 hp gsxr 750 in a stop light drag.
I later found out he was running a B and M 871 blower and 18 psi of boost.
He claimed 830 hp and 600 or so torque, and I dont doubt it.
The car looked stock from the outside.
A 190hp Gixxer 750?

·
Registered
46 Posts
A 190hp Gixxer 750?
+1 on this...even the new 2009 gixxer 750s are putting down around 145-148 at the crank (claimed)...so roughly 130ish at the wheel. For 190hp you would really need some insane mods IMO. I'm not calling total bs, because I always like to give the benefit of the doubt, but I'm def skeptical

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
+1 on this...even the new 2009 gixxer 750s are putting down around 145-148 at the crank (claimed)...so roughly 130ish at the wheel. For 190hp you would really need some insane mods IMO. I'm not calling total bs, because I always like to give the benefit of the doubt, but I'm def skeptical
I have to go over this every time I say it on this forum.
I have posted the dyno runs, the bike will do 201 hp and we detuned it to aprox 190hp.
I am squeezing some nitrous with some internals and a very good tune.
Its not built for quarter miles, or the drag track. It was my old road track bike and I wanted to have some fun with it and make fun of Viper owners.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts