Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,211 Posts
I´d go with the Desmosedici in a heartbeat.

I know the 1098R is probably a better bike for me, but i don´t care.. The looks and exclussivity of the D16RR would top it for me.:D

//amullo

·
Registered
227 Posts
Anyone know how much insurance (full coverage) is on a desmosedici?

·
Registered
605 Posts
The test was interesting. The 1098R 'won' because of gearing, as he pointed out. The D16RR was geared a tad too high for this track. The conclusion that the bikes were too close to call mirrors my own experience on the street. I had a 1098R which was traded against a D16RR. I prefer the latter for sound and the sheer thrill of a bike that will wind up faster than anything else you are going to find on the street today. The 'feel' on the street is different but the performance is not radically different. Where I would look down and feel the 'fat' part of the power band on the 1098R I would be several thousand rs down from where I get that same feeling on the D16RR.

I am thinking seriously of the ti race exhause/fairing combo. I understand it fattens up mid range quite a bit and provides a substantial power boost overall. Of course it should for 9 large !!!!! Dave

·
Registered
601 Posts
I´d go with the Desmosedici in a heartbeat.

I know the 1098R is probably a better bike for me, but i don´t care.. The looks and exclussivity of the D16RR would top it for me.:D

//amullo
+1, I know and respect all the 1098R is capable of, but at the end of the day it is just another version of all the other 1098's out there. The D16RR is more exclusive, and a radical departure from anything Ducati has ever put on the street. Sexy lines, Sexy sound, and top of the line Everything. For me it would be like the "Unicorn" mentioned in the Gone in 60 Seconds movie.. the Unattainable prize. Not sure I could ever name a D16RR Eleanor though. :D I'll leave that to the Foose-designed Shelby's.

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
Anyone know how much insurance (full coverage) is on a desmosedici?

I have all my vehicles insured with State Farm, several bikes my truck and van. The Desmo is about $50 a month, I don't remember the exact amount but not much different than the other bikes.

·
Registered
227 Posts
What that's crazy. $300 bucks full coverage for a motorcycle right. not a 1/12 scale model of a desmo.

What insurance company are yall with. I had progressive and they screwed me out of 300 dollars a year now im with geico.

sorry to the OP I know this is going off topic.

·
Registered
601 Posts
State farm more or less only goes by engine displacement as far as rates go (well.. age and driving record play a factor too) my 749S, 749D and M750 were all within about 3$ of eachother just based on the engine size. The value of the bike didnt seem to have much to do with it. and the M749 and 749D were both paid out in full when they totalled. My full coverage is like 35$/month I'm 30/clean record. Never Quoted a 990 or a 1000 but I dont think it would be a whole lot more than that. State Farm insurance is awesome.

·
Registered
205 Posts
What was the white powder on the track, and what is it for?

Sorta looked like flour or the stuff on football/sports fields.

were they trying to mark lines?

It would seem to me to be slick if you hit a small pie of it like they had.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Choices, choices....

·
Registered
71 Posts
Showoff. Nice collection BTW. Its true, I'm jealous. :D
The Bayliss is one of mine. The Desmo and Lambo belong to the guy in the photo. You can just barely see his '08 1098 R next to the Lambo in the garage. Toys, toys, toys......

·
Premium Member
2,655 Posts
Nice onboard action from both bikes. I'm not sure if I would prefer to save 28K and spend that on a Streetfighter S and something else or have the exotica.

If I wanted to spend serious money on some GP exotica I'd go for the genuine thing like this Cagiva V4 500

1 - 20 of 21 Posts