Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings-

Doing up a post for raresportbikes for sale regarding a ducati desmosedici, I know 1500 produced but the red/"corso" version seems much less common than the "team version".

Anyone know how many of each paint scheme were produced? I have heard 300 corso and the rest team but that seems odd unless they orginally planned a run of on 600 units...

Cheers

martin g

·
Registered
377 Posts
Weren't all the bikes plain red and just came with the graphics set included in the race kit? :confused:
As the original poster correctly said, there was two paint schemes, however, as per the second poster an additional sticker kit was also supplied with the bikes. Unfortunately I have no idea how many examples of each paint scheme was produced. The team version (with the white stripe on the sides) seems to be much more popular than the (mostly red one) as you seem more of them.

Another interesting point is to look the correct shade of Ducati Red on TV the race bikes are actually painted more of an orange colour. The D16RR replicates this orange colour and is therefore a noticably different colour to a regular Ducati when parked outside.

Andrew...

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
OT but a few years ago Bull Publishing was working on a Desmosedici book that was put on hold.

If you recall they produced the excellent 999 and 1098 coffee table books that documented the development of those two models.

Anyone know anything if or when the D16 book will ever come out?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts