Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, for what it's worth I figured I'd share my first modification to my '03 ST4s.

I live in Washington and it's been getting warm, to the point when I roll into my house after a long stop-and-go commute, my bike temps were always right around 215-216 degrees.

I managed to get the fairing off and back on with no issues. I installed the upgraded fan kit from desmo times including a manual on-off override switch.

No issue with the parts suppied. Everything fit as designed and wires were routed without issue.

I will say that the product worked as designed. Yesterday approached 80 degrees here, as I said that would normally mean my bike would be about 215 degrees when I pulled into my driveway.

During the commute when I hit the good stop and go portion, I manually flipped the switch to start the fan (at about 195) which is earlier than what the auto fan switch would. I rolling into my driveway after the rest of the commute and the temp held right at 192).

Whether or not I'm really seeing any advantage by running in this temp I'm not quite sure. But one thing is for certain....stop and go traffic with a bike at 215 degrees...is hot. Keeping the temp down in that 190 range makes the heat coming off the bike manageable.

·
Ducati Designs
1,124 Posts
Nice report. I agree, keeping one's cahones cool is probably the main beneficiary of getting the bike to run a bit cooler. The bike can handle sporadic high temps (230F) with little ill effect.

pg
DD

·
Registered
82 Posts
That was my experience as well. Useful mod, economical,well explained, easily executed. I wish everything in my life so straightforward.

·
Registered
49 Posts
did the same mod recently, definitely worthwhile. Will be in Corsica for 2 weeks soon so it should get a good testing!

·
Registered
725 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Desmo Times Product 74 - Desmo Times High Velocity Fan Kit

very nice item, I hit the switch pretty much every time I get into a town with slow or stop and go traffic, works great, keeps the temps down

Wow, thanks. I just spent the past 2.5 hours looking at every single item for sale at desmotimes and had to force myself away when I stumbled across the "ducati of the quarter" section. Way too much want located there.

·
Registered
58 Posts
How long does the job take? We just got done with 11 days over 100, 8 days set records over 105.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts