Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Mayor of Simpleton
4,879 Posts
The problem with wrecked Desmos is you can't get used parts, so its virtually impossible to put one back together economically--at least not to equal specs. Take this example. If one fork leg is tweaked, how much for a new set? $10,000? This stuff spirals out of control quickly. Looking at the site, I'm amazed how expensive even the more common wrecked bikes are. $6k for a 1098? I know where you can get a great, unharmed one for $8700 right now.

·
Premium Member
481 Posts
Thank you for posting this!

I'm currently maxed out as the highest bidder, so please, please don't bid against me!!

You have to remember, I have access to these parts, new carbon fairings, exhaust, forks, wheels - no problem!

·
Registered
956 Posts

I'm currently maxed out as the highest bidder, so please, please don't bid against me!!

You have to remember, I have access to these parts, new carbon fairings, exhaust, forks, wheels - no problem!
It's official: Randy's a slut!

But remember, in a few weeks/months, you could buy another one for $10K on the site and between the two you'd have a whole bike...:D:D:D

·
Registered
123 Posts
its because they totalled out the bike. thats going to be a nightmare at the dmv. youll just have to create your own salvage. good luck though, probably wouldnt be a bad idea to check it out first.

·
Registered
99 Posts
thats a great price for a 1098......man wished I lived in the states!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Cheap Desmosedici

I almost bid in, as I would not mind driving it around naked without fairings until I repair/replace them. I hesitated due to concerns about steering/suspension and frame issues based on the pics.

Keep us updated on the progress, if you won, and any rebuild issues and progress encountered.

·
Mayor of Simpleton
4,879 Posts
Desmosedici

·
Premium Member
3,178 Posts
Google once Ridesafely.com and spend a few minutes reading.

It's not all as it seems, been there done that and a public online auction is way down on the food chain for deals.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts