Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a 2010 S touring 2 weeks ago and had the "DES Pre Load" message before leaving the dealership. The replaced the ECU and all was well. About a week ago I was headed out early in the morning and when I looked down there was an error message that said "DES Rear Rebound." I turned the bike off and tried to call the dealer but they weren't open yet so I decided to head home and wait. Turned the bike back on to go home and Voila, no more message. No message so I decided to tempt fate and go for a ride. 400 miles later with multiple start/stop cycles and no errors.

The bike sat for 2 days and when I went to turn it on this afternoon, there was the error "DES Rear Rebound.'' Off/on with the electrics and error cleared. Came home and let the bike sit for a few hours, went to start it up and there's the message again.

It seems that any time I let the motorcycle sit for more than an hour or so it will post the error message but it can be cleared with a simple on/off reset of the computer. Any idea what's up?

·
North Carolina, USA
3,320 Posts
When my DES crapped out, I was told that part of the problem was that the original ecu was trying to adjust the shock too far, causing a mechanical binding in the shock. The replacement ecu tried to do the same and had to be 'recalibrated' for the correct shock adjustment to be made. My ecu did the same thing your's was doing before it went. Fine one day, error code the next, before it finally gave the error code continuously and the shock adjustment motor no longer worked. Of course, it waited until I was two states away from home to do it.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Took it into the dealership today and they were able to replicate the problem, everything the diagnostics told them to do or check looked just fine. They're going to send the information to Ducati and see what they say. I'll post more once I hear back from them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts