Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone from the Denver area recommend a good (hopefully Ducati certified) mechanic?
I need a cams-off valve adjustment and possible rocker replacement for my '20 ST4s with 45K miles.

I am not against goint to a dealer but, in 2006 I had trouble with my ECU and neither Erico nor Fay Meyers were at all helpful. If anyone has had positive experiences there or at the dealer in Ft. Collins or Colorado Springs, please let me know.

Jeff in Snowmass Village

·
Registered
23 Posts
Can anyone from the Denver area recommend a good (hopefully Ducati certified) mechanic?
I need a cams-off valve adjustment and possible rocker replacement for my '20 ST4s with 45K miles.

I am not against goint to a dealer but, in 2006 I had trouble with my ECU and neither Erico nor Fay Meyers were at all helpful. If anyone has had positive experiences there or at the dealer in Ft. Collins or Colorado Springs, please let me know.

Jeff in Snowmass Village
Jeff,

I would recommend Boulder Motorsports. They are and independant Ducati ONLY shop. Great work, great shop and really nice people to work with. I can't say enough for the work and service they provide. Good luck.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks sfglenn. I checked their web site and they look exactly like the shop for me. I've sent them an e-mail requesting an appointment.
Jeff

·
Registered
123 Posts
Another +1 for Brian and crew at Boulder Motorsports. They could charge admission to their shop floor. A very dialed in shop.

-Bill

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys. I'll be at Boulder Motorsports Monday afternoon and Tuesday morning. I questioned Brian over the phone and he said everything I wanted him to say except, BTW if you have any bad rockers, Ducati will be picking up the tab.

Jeff in Snowmass Village

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Denver Area Shop Needed - Update

Thanks to all who recommended Boulder Motorsports. I had a very positive experience there.

Jeff

·
Registered
242 Posts
Always good to hear. They are the first shop I've been to that understands some riders want to do most of their own work, but leave the specialized stuff to the shop.

Last time my bike was in for tires and head bearings, they tell me "You might want to replace those rear brake pads soon, but that's a 5 minute job." I really appreciate their honesty and that they actually know my name when i walk in!

·
Registered
245 Posts
Jeff,

I would recommend Boulder Motorsports. They are and independant Ducati ONLY shop. Great work, great shop and really nice people to work with. I can't say enough for the work and service they provide. Good luck.
I've heard a lot of good things about Boulder Motorsports but what about someone equally as good in Denver? Any recommendations?

·
Registered
138 Posts
I've heard a lot of good things about Boulder Motorsports but what about someone equally as good in Denver? Any recommendations?
Fay and Erico are not even close to BMS, no way.

A few other nice things - BMS is more than happy to have you remove bodywork yourself and charge you less. They used the cam belts I bought before I chickened out doing it myself saving me more money. When I talked to them to get a quote for service, I asked that they do a dyno tune for my new DP ECU. On dropping off the bike, I mentioned it wasn't a line item on the shop order. Brian just said "oh, that's because we do it on every full service, no need to ask for it specifically". And they give you a dyno chart printout without making you ask.

All in all a top-quality shop, more than half the bikes in there will be race bikes.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts