Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took a long (45 minute or so ) demo ride on a multistrada at NPR ducati ( a great dealer by the way).

I'd demo'd one some months ago the same time I demo'd a panigale, that ride I came away unimpressed, but today's ride. It's a great bike! Really enjoyed it, seating position was good tho I felt the seat was too short front to back. The centerstand sucked, as pointed out by others it gets in the way if you ride with the balls of your feet on the pegs.

I'm only waiting to see the new hypermotard, right now I'm leaning towards a 13 mts, will get the base model, I don't want all the suspension stuff.

Chris

·
Registered
532 Posts
It gets a lot better after the bike has 1-2K miles on it as the engine seats in. I have a 2012 and feel the suspension is a huge part of the charm of this bike, it really does work.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
I've heard a lot of complaints about the center stand. When I took my friend's Pikes Peak out on a set of twisties, however, I didn't find it to be imposing. I could feel it on my heel, but barely. I even tried to move my foot around to see if I could snag on it or anything, but it never really got in the way. Granted, it was only a 30 minute ride, so maybe with longer exposure it would wear on me more.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
The center stand is a design flaw that you get used to after a while and isn't a big deal. Once you take it off it becomes easy to install/uninstall depending on the type of riding you'll be doing.

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah I thought about that, but I really just want traditional suspension. THe electronic either the 12 model or the skyhook on the 13s. wondering about long term potential issues/problems which would be very expensive to fix out of warranty.

That's why I opted for a base pani. Keeping it simple.

The centerstand, I've got big feet so it's really intrusive, I note a lot of guys have the extension cut down and welded, but to be honest I never use the centerstand on my wing, don't see that I need it on this.

Why not get a 2012 Touring S for what you'd pay for a base 2013?

·
Sophomore Member
3,192 Posts
The centerstand, I've got big feet so it's really intrusive, I note a lot of guys have the extension cut down and welded, but to be honest I never use the centerstand on my wing, don't see that I need it on this.
Because this is chain drive unlike the wing. Its handy. Its not necessary, but its handy. Say hi to Paul for me. Good guy. Good shop. He will treat you right on a new bike.

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've bought two bikes from him, yep NPR is a great shop especially now that they moved and have a big showroom/shop!

Because this is chain drive unlike the wing. Its handy. Its not necessary, but its handy. Say hi to Paul for me. Good guy. Good shop. He will treat you right on a new bike.

·
Registered
986 Posts
I rode the same bike Friday before last. Rear brake sucked. Paul's a great dude, but I just can't go all in on the mts with so many issues.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Rocketman - what are the "so many issue"? I have a 2011 S Touring with 11K miles and not one issue...

·
Resident Raggamuffin
9,716 Posts
Rocketman - what are the "so many issue"? I have a 2011 S Touring with 11K miles and not one issue...
the number of issues since launch have been plentiful, whether or not an owner had to deal with any of them is another story. ;)

·
AARP Reject
2,934 Posts
Regarding center stands, for a touring bike I think they are a real plus. All the usual reasons: chain service, removing a wheel,, any sort of real work on the machine, plus one more: they are the most secure way to park your bike. Anyway, who travels with their Pit Bull? If you need it, you''ll need it on the road.

I believe I like the MTS's side stand quite well as it seems to have the right length and rake to park in most places, but if I am leaving the bike for any period of time apart from my garage, it goes on the center stand.

I definitely feel the tang on my shoes when I am riding on the balls of my feet, but I only do that when I am really working the bike. The rest of the time I hook my heel around the peg like the sloppy rider that I am.

·
Registered
986 Posts
the number of issues since launch have been plentiful, whether or not an owner had to deal with any of them is another story. ;)
Exactly....I've been all over this one since before the '10 intro and spend most of my time here instead of the monster forum.

The closest dealer is 1.5 hours from the manor thus warranty work is a major PITA.

I sense a crescendo in my buying interest and could see me buying one anyway:D

·
I hear airplanes
2,601 Posts
Npr .....meh.

Check out Atlanta motor world just to compare...not terrrbily far away. My .02, but they have been great to me (warranty)and I haven't bought a thing from them...yet.

sent from my jitterbug

1 - 15 of 15 Posts