Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So what does the word appointment. I guess I thought that when I make an appointment to get my bike worked on, it meant that they were making a slot for me. Kind of like when I go to the dentist, I might have to wait a little while. Why am I rambling? Well, I made an appointment 2 weeks ago to have my 6000 mile work done on my ST4s. I brought the bike in 5 days early because I had no other time to take it. Today was the scheduled appointment. I called the dealership and asked if it would be done tomorrow. The guy said they had not even touched it. So, I asked politely, "When do you think it will go in?" He said, maybe 2 or 3 days.

I mean, I know they are busy, but why take appointments if they mean nothing.

What the hell kind of service is that? What would you do.... Bitch at the dealership, or just wait it out.

Pissed off.

·
Registered
392 Posts
That would piss me off. I understand things get busy and plenty of two hour jobs become 4 or 8 hour jobs once you get into them, but at the very least when they realized that they were behind they should have called you. I would have a long talk with the service manager or even the sales manager or owner depending on how the shop is set up. Perhaps the manager or owner is not aware that this is how the shop is being run? Tell them what your expectations are and ask if they think it's reasonable. There are times when my bike has taken a bit longer than expected for various reasons, but they have always been ready to start it at the appointed time, and if there is any delay they have always offered me another bike to ride while I wait, even if it's an extra day. I've gone to the same sealer for three years now and have absolutely zero complaints.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
my dealer is over 2 hours drive away. when I made the appointment for the 6k. they wanted me to leave it overnight as it needs to be cold to do the valves. I told them that i had to have it back the same day as i would be riding it there and back. they said get here an hour before we open so it can cool off in time. end result, I rode it home that afternoon with the service completed. some jobs may take longer than expected, but since your bike was already there, they should have arranged thier schedule ahead of time to complete it as per your scheduled appointment.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Find a new shop if possible. My dealer understands that this is my only transportation and that it is imperative that i have it back the same day that i bring it in. Also, don't bring your bike in six days early. It gives the mechanics the impression that other people (for example me) need their bike before you. just curious, what shop is yours? good luck and good riding

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I only took the bike in early because I had to trailer it there, as it was not starting this spring. That was the only time I had to get it there.

I live 15 miles from the www.corsesuperbikes.com in Saukville, WI

·
Registered
5 Posts
tell the dealer exactly what you think of them.then contact ducati in italy and let them know.this tosser doesnt deserve your custom

·
Registered
266 Posts
I know that it sucks when you want your bike back but at this time of year all the dealers are busy in this part of the country. I took my bike to Madison (2 hour drive) but I called first and asked where they were as far as their schedule. they were very honest and said they were really good right now (end of Febuary) but wiithin a couple of weeks or so they would be five weeks behind. (It's all about timing)
I brought my bike in (6000 mile service) and got it back 3 days later. The reason that the schedule appointments is because that is when they think they will be able to work on your bike, but as everyone knows things come up some jobs take longer than expected. They want your bike there so as soon as they can get it in they can start to work on it and get you back on the road.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, I stopped in and talked to the service manager. I was all ready to tell him what I really thought. But, I talked to him and he explained to me what their situation really is and showed me the schedule. After a better explanation, I could understand the delay. My only complaint for him was that he never once called me to tell me that the bike was not ready or when it would be.

At least now he has guaranteed me that the bike is going to be ready to go by this coming Wednesday. I have to ride it across the state on Saturday.

Thanks for listening to my rant.... I am all better now.... With the exception of not having my bike yet.

Later :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts