Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do they work on a bike?
Just wondering if any of you guys has mounted the whistles and how they work if they do. The thought of smacking into a deer out here early in the morning is not too comforting so I figure even if the darn things are pretty ugly to look at I would ask before I do a dumb thing and buy some.
Grazie!:D

·
Registered
5,287 Posts
I tried them on my truck years ago. Lots of deer where I lived and I'd see them every morning 20' off the road. They always just stayed put (as they are supposed to do with the whistles). Of course, I'd never hit a deer previously (sans whistles). I did hit one about 3 years ago and totaled that car. No whistles. Scientific proof? No. Something to think about? Yes. Have I ever tried them on a motorcycle? No. Will I? Doubt it. Maybe. I don't know.

·
Registered
19 Posts
There was an article in one of the motorcycle magazines a few years ago. Deer are just as likely to run towards you as away. Don't waste your money.

Sent from my SGH-I997 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Premium Member
12,416 Posts
Yah can't believe everything you read on the internet...

I seen a buck run out onto the road mid morning . Prolly scared by a hunter . it hit the car in front of me rolled over the hood , a couple of big breaths and got up and trotted away...
They could Kill a motorcyclists easily ... I watched him come from along the ditch line , NOTHING was going to stop him...

Do they work???

·
Home of vortex tuning
1,648 Posts
I think mythbusters did something on this, busted, was the outcome. Should be searchable on discovery channel

·
comrade moderator
27,415 Posts
How's that post count coming along? You get your 25 yet? I really wish you guys would just go welcome a bunch of new members to the forum or something... :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
12,416 Posts
I think that is a nice jesture to welcome the new members , Maybe should be a requirement for the new "PROSPECTS" , to beome a full fledged member of the relevant "
Chapters"
We could have a Multi Pres. Treasurer and War Lord and Road Captain same with the street fighters and Monster Chapters...

Seems that the whistles are not a very reliable /trusted way to avoid the collision with Bambi's

I recall being welcomed by some long time members and thought this was gonna be a cool site to be hanging around...

Chalk up one more post count:think::think:

This was a decent subject to be discussed and posted...
I hope no one gets wacked by a deer that a whistle could have prevented!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts