Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i'm lucky enough to be able to spend most of the month on July in Italy next year and i'm faced with a tough decision: do i go to the WSBK round in Misano in the early part of the month or do I go to WDW at the end of the month. I realize that doing both would solve the problem of not have to decide but I do need to in fact pick one. Those with experience of either or both experiences please help a brother out.

·
Registered
5,259 Posts
Wdw.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I went to Motogp at Mugello and it was an eye-opening experience. The crowd love Rossi and when he fell off at the first corner it seemed the whole spectators in the track shouted in disgust. It was a memorable day. Afterwards, as far as i know, its the only track where all the crowds get on the track also. The gates are open. No one said about this but it was one of our days to visit in Italy by motorbike.
I hope you go to whichever one takes your fancy. I would ask what is it you want to do?
vinnychoff

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I went to Motogp at Mugello and it was an eye-opening experience. The crowd love Rossi and when he fell off at the first corner it seemed the whole spectators in the track shouted in disgust. It was a memorable day. Afterwards, as far as i know, its the only track where all the crowds get on the track also. The gates are open. No one said about this but it was one of our days to visit in Italy by motorbike.
I hope you go to whichever one takes your fancy. I would ask what is it you want to do?
vinnychoff
I've never seen a GP/WSBK race outside of the US so seeing a race in Italy, especially being a ducati fan, has always been a dream. WDW would a HUGE once in a life time event as well. I'm trying to get an idea what WDW is like. Anyone know if you cant rent a Ducati for track events? that would certainly push me towards WDW.

·
Registered
5,259 Posts
Short answer is I've lost all interest in SBK. Look at my other (even recent) posts for my thoughts on SBK for details.

I looked the cost of entry for WDW and, especially if you're a member of an official DOC, it's cheap. I'll bet it's far less $ and lots more/different to see and do vs a simple SBK event. One giant three day party of Ducati-centric stuff/events/people.

I would like to hear the pros/cons from somebody who has recently attended both.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts