Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any places to buy a decent headlight that has a solid black housing (no chrome) for our bikes that will fit into our bike's headlight bracket without modifications???

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Take your headlight and make it black
or
If you send it to me I can do it for you
Powder coat the bucket gloss or satin gloss black and ring can be powder coated or Black Chrome

Are there any places to buy a decent headlight that has a solid black housing (no chrome) for our bikes that will fit into our bike's headlight bracket without modifications???

·
Registered
2008 Ducati Sport1000, GT1000
170 Posts
Looks like the above post already beat me to it, but I recently got a Sport1000 and did and LED headlight mod and the chrome bezel looked out of place so I powdercoated it. Now I still wanted it to be able to be reversed so I went ahead and powdercoated it over the chrome without taking the chrome off or etching it. It looks pretty good now and I can take it back to chrome again if I wish to.

·
Registered
929 Posts
To piggyback on this thread, does anyone know which monsters or other Ducati's have the metal headlight bucket that can replace our plastic ones?

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
I have a 2007 GT1000 and believe the ring is plastic.

Some have steel rings?
Are these available for purchase somewhere?
My 06 mono has a steel ring Ducati will not sell the ring by itself
you need to buy the entire Headlight assembly but BMW uses the
same ring and you can buy it BMW part # 63 12 1 356 402.
This ring only has one screw at the bottom of the ring for attachment
the Head Light Bucket is also steel on the 06 Mono.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
I think the metal headlight bucket I used was from a '97 Monster. A little different, but it worked. I wanted to go all chrome, looks great.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Powdercoated the cap and ring,

put some work on the front frame

and used the indicators to hold it ... :wink2:

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
only if you want to donate money to a liar and a thief who operates under the name of Giuseppe from Star.Ace
Nice enough but I really wanted just all black... Crazy that we can't just buy the ring for it anywhere in black, only chrome is available...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I also looked for something like that and in the end, I bought myself a great bike flashlight and I can say that it was the right choice because it helps me a lot. When I bought my bike so I could drive from university to work and from there to home, I bought strong and rechargeable lights from amazon because I knew it was something very necessary and useful. It was so convenient to ride a bike that I didn’t even need a car. It is much healthier and more interested, especially when I have lights that I feel safe with.

·
Premium Member
670 Posts
To piggyback on this thread, does anyone know which monsters or other Ducati's have the metal headlight bucket that can replace our plastic ones?
2006 Ducati Sport 1000 and Paul Smart has glass and metal buckets - the last Ducati with those hedlights were the 100 produced 2007 Ducati Sport 1000 SE. If you do not find a headlight from a 2006 model, look for Monsters 2006 and older

keep in mind, I saw some 2006 GT1000 which already had the plastic (cheap) headlight

1 - 16 of 16 Posts