Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got myself an outdoor cover for my 1000ss/ds but as the sun is pretty intense here, its ripped after only a year! looked on e-Bay but way too expensive?

Around 100 Euros Minimum for a good one, which is generic?

any ideas?

need postage to Greece by the way ;)

Cheers

Danny

·
Registered
34 Posts
The only motorcycle cover that is guaranteed virtually indestructible is the green canvas covers sold around 20 years ago. You can put them on the bike while the exhausts are hot, and they are waterproof and very tough.

Mine is not pretty but is still doing occasional service when needed.

In fact it's so indestructible that manufacturers must have wised up, and stopped selling them for motorcycle use; it's almost impossible to find one now (at least in the UK).

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers guys, I always forget to look on e-Bay USA lol, found a decent one there, not cheap, but then again its cheaper the a respray due to sun blistering?

Now i just need a decent solo seat (seen some which give the look) but bloody expensive considering its not the seat, just a cover you fit yourself? 200.00 USD??????????

·
Registered
222 Posts
Now i just need a decent solo seat (seen some which give the look) but bloody expensive considering its not the seat, just a cover you fit yourself? 200.00 USD??????????
I haven't seen just seat covers that give a solo look, but the Sargent I recently got is a complete seat replacement. The rear half is colour-matched to the paint, so it gives the illusion of a solo seat, but can still be used as a pillion.
It was about $300, feels great, and the quality is A-1 - seems a lot better deal than a cover for just $100 less? :confused:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts