Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

December BOTM 2022

6K views 19 replies 14 participants last post by  ChaCha 
#1 ·
Welcome to the December Bike of the Month Competition!

Tire Wheel Sky Fuel tank Vehicle

Congrats to our November winner, @Stefke

Please follow all instructions posted below
  1. You must add 3 Photos; no more, no less. NO Collages. Pictures must be of the current state of your vehicle. Avoid having any people in your images.
  2. List any/all Legal Modifications to your vehicle if you have done any.*
  3. The vehicle must be yours. Vehicles waiting to be purchased may not be included
  4. Include a short description of your favourite aspect of your vehicle, or your favourite memory or ride taken with your vehicle*
  5. Votes for the month’s winner will be tallied by the number of “Likes” your post has on the last day of the month. The winner at the end of the month will win a free 1 Year Premium Membership for the forum and a custom flair under their username. If the winner is already a premium member, their subscription will be extended an additional year.
  6. Remember, please post your entries and pictures in this thread.
  7. If you have won in a previous month, you can no longer enter for the rest of the year. However, if you have a second car that meets the above criteria, you can enter that.
* These are optional but encouraged

Winners will be featured on the sites gallery, found here. Gallery

See less See more
#3 ·
This low mileage 2006 Multistrada 1000ds has a 749/999 steel tank, a combination of original and custom fiberglass bodywork, performance ECU, full header Remus exhaust, Sprint air filter in modified air box, new LED lighting, heated grips, detailed motor, matched fuel injectors, CNC pegs, levers risers and narrower bars. I love the comfort and wind protection of this smooth running tourer.
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

#4 ·
Let's try this one again:

2002 Ducati MH900E (#1433/2000)
  • Ducati Performance Carbon Dream Bodywork, Clutch and Belt Covers, Indicators
  • Termignoni Full Titanium Exhaust
  • Ohlins Rear Shock and Steering Damper, Traxxion Dynamics AK20
  • Marchessini Cast Magnesium Wheels (not installed)
  • Miscellaneous shiny farkles
Pure eye and ear candy (best sounding bike I've ever owned) and performs plenty well for an old fart like myself.

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Plant Vehicle

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Automotive lighting

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive tire

#5 ·
2006 Paul Smart 1000LE
2. So far the bike came with goodies in pictures. There will be boxes of parts ready to install once I have the shock back from servicing.
4. My favorite aspect of the vehicle is the raw and analoque-feel of it vs the bikes I’ve had over the years. Not to mention Terblanche’s design has become timeless. I was grinning ear to ear on the short ride to the inspection since never in my life I would have a chance to own one of the PS. Because of this, I’m aiming for the next, MH900E.
Wheel Tire Plant Fuel tank Vehicle

Wheel Bicycle handlebar Tire Automotive lighting Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Motorcycle Automotive lighting

#7 ·
That Multi is so ODD. It's like a movie you need to watch multiple times just to comprehend it, then you walk away and wake up the next day understanding its true genius. BIG applause!!!!! I definitely would love to hang out for a few hours in the garage just staring. BTW who knew olive green works so well with red? It's like mushrooms and strawberries!
This is how supercomputers cook: IBM’s Watson dreams up creative dishes.
Here's my submission:
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system

#9 ·
That Multi is so ODD. It's like a movie you need to watch multiple times just to comprehend it, then you walk away and wake up the next day understanding its true genius. BIG applause!!!!! I definitely would love to hang out for a few hours in the garage just staring. BTW who knew olive green works so well with red? It's like mushrooms and strawberries!
This is how supercomputers cook: IBM’s Watson dreams up creative dishes.
Here's my submission: View attachment 1053909
Wow, thanks for the creative reply, made me laugh. If I were to buy a new Ducati your bike would be the one I would choose. It just looks like maximum fun with everything I value like light weight, comfort, torque, simplicity, agility and killer good looks. Cheers

#12 · (Edited)
This is my CCS 500 Superbike/GTL racebike. Built entirely by me (except for the welding) from the ground up utilizing a NOS 2001 M600 frame.

- 2mm over 620 motor (now 649cc, 1 cc under the class limit for air cooled twins) 11.5:1 compression, balanced crank (smooth as silk to 11+k rpm) converted back to carbs (41 FCR) and utilizing total-loss ignition. MBP valve collets, K-Bike alloy pulleys/cams degreed, Nichols flywheel. Exhaust is a Sil Motor 2-1 header I've had for years with a custom midpipe and Cone Engineering muffler. 63 RWHP so far.

- Alloy rear subframe, M900 swingarm, 996 Showa forks, Penske shock, forged magnesium Marchesinis. Rear of tank/front of seat moved forward 3+ inches, battery and all electrics placed low and right behind steering head to optimize weight distribution - now 51.5/48.5 % F/R. Total weight sans gas is 297.5 lbs.

- Modified Airtech Streamlining 900SS/Supertwin fairing, KTM 390 cup tail, Ducati Performance belly pan, carbon fiber gas tank fabricated from a hand shaped buck and a subsequent 4 piece mold. This was the most labor intensive part of the whole project; over 3 months of labor. Tank weighs under 4 #, and I did make 2 of them. Gotta have spares.

This is a pure race bike, built to be as light and simple as possible. To me, those qualities are as exotic as it gets. CCS changed ownership recently; I'm hoping they still keep the 500 classes. The ultimate objective is to win national class championships down at Daytona. Fingers crossed.
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Vehicle Fuel tank Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Motor vehicle

#17 ·
I’m gonna share my second “build,” 2010 SF1098S Ver 2.0
2. The bike came bone stock with some rizoma pressure plate. I swapped out the OEM tail with the flamingo corse. Took me a while to mess with it regarding to the honeycomb and Cf covers. I opted for Motocorse items this time around (had my theead started). Knocked out the euro’s catalytic converter inside the cans and took the baffles out.
4. Still is my favorite design and the raw feelings of the good ol Testatretta engines prior to Audi took over. So I gave it a tribute with midnight black at the tail end section, the rest is Audi Nardo Gray with my own decals (went with 1970s themed logo because the sf1098s is a classic after all).
Winter hasnt let me ride the bike just yet since I got it up and running 2 days ago.
Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive mirror

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

Automotive lighting Bag Personal protective equipment Human leg Electric blue

Reactions: Zemurray
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.