Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m taking the Catalytic converter off my 2010 Multistrada 1200 s. I have a Dominator med pipe. I am told that I have to pick a slip on first and then get the ECU REMAPPED for that slip on. I can understand getting remapped for cat delete but for a specific slip on? I would love to know if that’s what I need to do or not!! Im really only doing this to hopefully b able to keep the rear brake from fading all the time. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,252 Posts
Bit overboard for brake fade????
How many times do you want to retune the bike...maybe the point is do it once? Decat, install new muffler, and tune it all at once. That makes sense.

·
Registered
121 Posts
You don't need to retune. Just slip a spring on the exhaust valve cable to fool the ECU and you're good to go.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Im really only doing this to hopefully b able to keep the rear brake from fading all the time.
There's been a ton of posts on the rear brake issue. At least several have found that decat does not resolve the problem.

I think your best (and cheapest) bet would be proper bleed (caliper removed, inverted, and strung up to the highest point) with high temp fluid like Castrol SRF.

·
Sophomore Member
2,888 Posts
There have been a dozen “fixes” and none truly fix it. Decatting the bike ride is a substantial change for this issue. Deviant provides solid advice. You will still have to bleed it somewhat regularly. The little heat shield for the master also helped some. But honestly, nothing is going to make it perfect. I just got used to not having a rear brake. The bike has plenty of engine braking that can easily be used in place of a rear brake for most uses.

Reactions: flatlined

·
Registered
14 Posts
I removed the cat on my 2010 about a month after i got the bike and did a Termi slip on. I rode for over 4 yrs before i had any brake fade at all. When the rear brake went off to nothing, i ordered the rear non abs brake line, removed the the line from rear master to abs unit and from there to rear brake. I also got new sintered pads front and rear,didnt need them but they sure made a big difference. After installing it and bleeding it lots and lots with the rear brake with the caliper still in place, i took it out for a rip. The rear brake is still awesome after 6 yrs of riding. The added benefit for me is being to slide the rear around with the abs kicking in, I still have front abs. I found the rear abs was kicking way to easily for me. I have a 2012 Hyper 100 EVO SP, so i am used to no rear abs.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
As for the rear brake I have done that Exactly And I mean Exactly that 4 times and after a month or so it always starts to fade. And I thought about just taking the butterfly off but there’s still the fluid boiling heat. So this is others have said works.besides I already have the delete pipe anyway. So remap jus for cat delete or for the end pipe too. Or can I run the stock one?

·
Registered
234 Posts
The rear brake issue has absolutely nothing to do with heat from the exhaust. The brake fluid does not come anywhere near the boiling point. It is a stubborn air in the system issue

·
Premium Member
3,914 Posts
There's been a ton of posts on the rear brake issue. At least several have found that decat does not resolve the problem.

I think your best (and cheapest) bet would be proper bleed (caliper removed, inverted, and strung up to the highest point) with high temp fluid like Castrol SRF.
decat did not change my rear brake performance. It's impossible to bleed the system as delivered because even if you do the gyrations required to bleed the caliper you STILL can't bleed the ABS (which is the highest part of the system unless you stand the bike on it's nose).

·
Registered
23 Posts
I recently did a Leo Vince mid pipe cat delete.I am running the stock end can, and of course it is rather loud, but not crazy, and I like it. The Leo Vince has a resonator, which a lot of mid pipes do not.I am recovering from surgery, and in a few weeks when i am riding, I will do a dyno tune with the Tuneboy including C.C. Runs good with no reflash, but I want to clean up the low RPM range. Can't wait. 2010 multi 1200S.( And the Leo includes an exhaust flap eliminator.) No codes, and you can actually feel the weight loss. I think I will make a planter with the cat.

·
Registered
612 Posts
decat did not change my rear brake performance. It's impossible to bleed the system as delivered because even if you do the gyrations required to bleed the caliper you STILL can't bleed the ABS (which is the highest part of the system unless you stand the bike on it's nose).
True. The other part of the puzzle as recommended by my LBS is to cycle the rear ABS 10 times and then bleed again. Bit of a pucker factor involved. This is what has worked for me as far as no fade, but the fluid still darkens significantly more than the clutch and front brakes.

Others have installed a speed bleeder on the ABS under the seat and have apparently had good luck with that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts