Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Graham County, NC closed access to all of the popular roads in the Deals Gap area on 27 March. For now you can still ride the TN side of the Cherohala Skyway. I got in one last ride on the 26th after reading that is was about to close. Best I could tell, the locals that depend on tourism for a living ain't happy. I hate to think that this is gonna be my only ride for the spring in that area. Crazy times.........
Coronavirus Information – Graham County North Carolina

http://grahamcounty.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/SKM_C55820032709560.pdf

Last Thursday

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
That's out of control, thought it was an April fools joke.

·
Sophomore Member
3,192 Posts
Graham county has a total of 2 ambulances. They can’t afford to have them tied up with motorcycle crashes. And yes, there are that many crashes. We don’t need to be taxing the healthcare system for the sake of fun.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Somewhat reasonable way to conserve limited resources, but that restriction is only for a few roads. There are plenty more in the region that are as good or better. This should not deter anyone that wants to go for a good ride.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, they have limited resources. Two ambulances and no hospital, which compounds the problem because every transport goes out of county or the state. That is pretty common in rural areas. There are plenty of car wrecks, boating accidents, and hunting accidents, when it’s in season, also. Last Thursday the temperature was almost 80 and all of the boat ramps and lakes were very crowded. I was talking to some locals who weren’t real happy because they make their living off people visiting. The popular theory for the closings was the county political leadership didn’t want people escaping the higher population centers and waiting out the Covid-19 virus in the rental properties in the county.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They are supposed to start reopening the roads in Graham county tonight at midnight.

·
Registered
7,409 Posts
No Worries. 🥴A little Moonshine‘ll pickle that virus.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts